This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
    I agree with you. They are not going to run out and add someone overnight just to do it. I think Techs fanbase and TV ratings will put them in a good spot to land somewhere good. Where that is, who knows at this point. I think OK State is in a similar spot. I hate to say it and hope I'm wrong, but I think the smaller private schools are in a tougher spot.
    Not wrong. TCU does open the landscape a little more DFW recruiting. And their endowment is drastically more than a majority of the PAC schools but that's not gonna get it done. I personally don't think the PAC would take TCU. One thing I disagree with most on is I don't think these schools are gonna try to sell themselves as a group. It's every man for themselves

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
      The more I think about it the more I think it's a big gamble for UT to join the SEC. I hope, for ya'lls sake it doesn't bite you in the rear! Oklahoma and UT joins the SEC and A&M is in the SEC. OK is winning A&M is winning. Texas we'll see what they are doing this year. But kids these days want to win and win now. They wamt to be in a winning program. That's going to be even more prominant now they are going to be getting paid the more they win. So UT better show up and be competing for the SEC championship on day one or it could get real bad for UT in a hurry! OK and A&M may take more of the Texas born recruits than UT can deal with. I'm not certain it wouldn't be better for UT to start off in a conference, on their own, and try to grow their success through the success of a growing conference.. They are going to be somewhat limited in the SEC from a recruiting standpoint. Your talking about competing with Georgia, Alabama, Florida, LSU, A&M and Oklahoma for recruits...........
      The huge miss in your assessment is no one in any quantity wants to live in bryan/college station. lol

Comment

One thing to consider/remember is that the SEC has shown it's cards. Now the other conferences "know" what they are about to be faced with! You can bet the farm that the other big conferences are doing everything they can to stop this from happening!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
          The huge miss in your assessment is no one in any quantity wants to live in bryan/college station. lol
          Sorry but there's more students in BCS than in Austin..... That was a good attempt at humor though!

Comment

Schools can still take only so many kids, so how exactly is it going to hurt UT getting top talent? They haven't struggled with that even in its 10 worst years, so now Aggy thinks it will just change overnight. Doesn't even make sense. Or cents.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              Not wrong. TCU does open the landscape a little more DFW recruiting. And their endowment is drastically more than a majority of the PAC schools but that's not gonna get it done. I personally don't think the PAC would take TCU. One thing I disagree with most on is I don't think these schools are gonna try to sell themselves as a group. It's every man for themselves
              You are probably right. I wouldn't mind seeing Tech/TCU/OK State/Baylor come together and create a package deal to a conference. I respect all.of those schools and have enjoyed watching them play over the yrs. Would be fun to continue that, although that may not be reality.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Stop what from happening? How do stop anything from happening if you don’t know the plan?

Sound familiar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  Stop what from happening?

No one can stop it, no clue what they are talking about. If it were to be stopped it would have been done from the beginning. Just some delusion abounding in here...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                    Schools can still take only so many kids, so how exactly is it going to hurt UT getting top talent? They haven't struggled with that even in its 10 worst years, so now Aggy thinks it will just change overnight. Doesn't even make sense. Or cents.
                    You sips keep talking about all this talent UT has been picking up over the past 10 years. What happened to them while they've been at UT? Y'all admit to being terrible over the past decade but keep saying how awesome your recruits are? Doesn't make any sense to me....

Comment

You sips keep talking about all this talent UT has been picking up over the past 10 years. What happened to them while they've been at UT? Y'all admit to being terrible over the past decade but keep saying how awesome your recruits are? Doesn't make any sense to me....

You missed where the guy who said most of that, attributed it to bad coaching? or did you just ignore it?

There are some high spots in those 10 years. I mean we did exactly what yall are singing from the mountain tops about last year.....but we beat an SEC Georgia team doing it and y'all beat North Carolina. Texas sucks when they get that done but A&M is a new super power. Weird how that works
                      Last edited by Smart; 07-26-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Poor coaching for $500, Alex

Comment

Stop what from happening? How do stop anything from happening if you don’t know the plan?

Sound familiar

Not saying someone is going to step in and say "UT and OK can"t move to the SEC" I'm saying possibly offer UT and OK a better deal.

Comment

In other news, Vanderbilt is stoked to no longer be the worst team in the SEC.

Comment

Not saying someone is going to step in and say "UT and OK can"t move to the SEC" I'm saying possibly offer UT and OK a better deal.

The deal is done, by all accounts. Pac shat the bed, B1G showed poor leadership this past season. Had there been a reason to go elsewhere I’m sure they’d listen, but that’s no longer in the cards.

They’ve chosen their landing spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                You missed where the guy who said most of that, attributed it to bad coaching? or did you just ignore it?
                                Poor coaching for $500, Alex

So the coaching staff can be terrible but recruit good players? Y'all are confusing. I didn't know you could have one without the other..... Thought it was all part of the package! Maybe your recruits weren't as good as you thought..... Or maybe, the coaches weren't able to do their job because of outside pressure from all those rich donors.... If it's been 100% bad coaching, in the Big 12, y'all are in trouble....

Comment

Working...
                                X