This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
    its a pattern, SWC, B12, rinse repeat...
    The SWC broke up because Arkansas bolted for the SEC and the Big 12 had no TV partners outside of Texas. With money and TV markets starting to drive the ship, they needed to expand. The merger with the Big 8 was from to help save both of the conferences. An all Texas TV market would never bring in the dollars the schools needed to stay relevant. So Texas was at fault how?

The Big 12 has had four teams bolt - Nebraska, Colorado, Mizzou, and A&M. All but Colorado to the PAC were for greener pastures, the same move Texas and OU are looking to make now. When Nebraska took the Big 10 spot, Colorado got nervous they would be on the outside looking in realignment and they jumped on the PAC 12. Same way some schools are looking in the Big 12 now. The SEC wanted new TV markets and took Mizzou and A&M (after Texas said no, it has been documented so do not get upset). In the end, the SEC taking Mizzou and A&M probably had more to do with the Big 12 disbanding than anybody. Now they get to take the Big 12 two bell cows and bring them over to their conference. They are looking pretty smart right now if this was their long game.

People like to bring up the LHN but the truth is, other teams in the league voted not to do a revenue share including Nebraska and A&M (not sure on CU or Mizzou without spending time on it) because they were making good money on their 2nd and 3rd Tier Rights. Texas tried to sell the league on a conference network, everyone said no, so Texas did it on their own taking advantage of their 2nd and 3rd rights. So why is it Texas fault? The Big 12 probably still exist if the 4 members never left.

Hell I wish Texas was as big and bad as everyone thinks they are.
    Last edited by Heath; 07-23-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I've never seen anyone with a worse "little man syndrome" than what you've got, in regards to CFB. It'd be hilarious if it weren't so **** annoying.
      Oh look, another "die hard" fan that never attended said school. Lol maybe if you studied as hard as you keyboard warrior'd you could've gotten in. And how is this little man syndrome???? Facts are facts bro. It played out how it played out.

Comment

I'd be very curious what major moves toward realignment Texas/ou/Big12 tried to make before this, that were opposed by Tech, TCU, OSU, etc.

To clarify, I wonder what other strategies were attempted first, ie try to get with ND and go BIG 10, Poaching others and going in an entirely different direction, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
          Oh look, another "die hard" fan that never attended said school. Lol maybe if you studied as hard as you keyboard warrior'd you could've gotten in. And how is this little man syndrome???? Facts are facts bro. It played out how it played out.
          Oh **** off...you wouldn't know facts if they bit you on the ***!

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
            its a pattern, SWC, B12, rinse repeat...
            Lol

Comment

Kansas has a call set up with the B1G. This deal is escalating quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                What are the other reasons?
                They’ve destroyed two conferences chasing any advantage they can find in their favor. Look up The 100 year Decision by Dr Loftin if you want to see it explained way better then I can.

Comment

t.u. joining the SEC gets me very excited. Play the Game whoop!

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                    No need for personal insults relating to a persons level of efucation or financial ability to attend a major university. That is actually a big problem today. Too many white collar college boys and not enough men that will work.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                      They’ve destroyed two conferences chasing any advantage they can find in their favor. Look up The 100 year Decision by Dr Loftin if you want to see it explained way better then I can.
                      What was atm doing when they left for the sec?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        Kansas has a call set up with the B1G. This deal is escalating quickly.
                        The question becomes, who is the Big 10's final team? Iowa State makes the most sense ( geographically, athletically on the rise, AAU credited) but bring in zero extra TVs. Does KU and Iowa State move the needle with the TV guys to warrant them adding?

If not them, who would be the two teams to get them to 16 if Texas / OU are off the table.

Comment

Its Friday gents.
                          Take a breath. Drink a beer.

When the dust settles, there will still be good football played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

The Loftin legacy, will the gentleman’s agreement come into play. He thinks so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                              Its Friday gents.
                              Take a breath. Drink a beer.

When the dust settles, there will still be good football played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Only in Austin it would appear.........

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                What was atm doing when they left for the sec?
                                Reacting to things like the below (full disclosure quote is from Dr. Loftin)

So, I was in the spring of 2010, in the office of the President of UT Austin. And I asked the others to leave the room so we had some privacy.

Brian Beckcom: Was that Bill Powers? Was Bill Powers –

Dr. R. Bowen Loftin: It was Bill Powers at the time.

Brian Beckcom: He was one of my professors at UT Austin, when I went to law school there.

Dr. R. Bowen Loftin: And he was a great teacher, I'm sure, at that time. But Bill and I, in private, were talking about it. I said, “Bill, I'm hearing rumors that you're in conversation with the PAC about moving Texas A&M in Texas to the PAC” “I can't tell you about that right now, but don't worry. Whatever happens, we'll take care of you.”

It took a great deal of self-control not to react inappropriately to that. A short time later in my own office and in College Station, he said the same thing to me. So, it was really clear that that was going on.

Ultimately, Larry called me. Larry Scott called me and said, “I'm going to come see you.” And he showed up here and he had a plan for a 16-team conference called the PAC-16 with two divisions, North and South. And he had already scheduled every game in every sport. That took months of work. This wasn't a momentary thing. This was a long-term commitment he had made with Bill Powers as his consultant here to prepare for the receiving, not just two teams, but more than two teams to the PAC to expand it into a 16-team conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X