• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Now that is just a plain weird comment. Unless

Johnny out of touch.......Google Jimbo Fisher, his ex wife and Florida Gators and try to keep up with the banter talk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        https://twitter.com/prevailandride/s...198372354?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoping for another classic...

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          Tried to tell y’all. It comes down to a vote. The schools are set to vote OU in, pass on tu. All tu did was further wreck their weak *** conference.
          You want to wager $5,000 on that? I will bet $5,000 both OU and UT are approved into SEC. Let me know ifnyou want in.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
            You want to wager $5,000 on that? I will bet $5,000 both OU and UT are approved into SEC. Let me know ifnyou want in.
            I think he is just trying to be funny. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
              Heath, usually when you try to be the smartest in the room, you are not the smartest in the room!
              Are you speaking from experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                What will they call it? Who will they kick out to bring USC, ND, Nebraska, Ohio State and Michigan in?

Who knows what it will be called or if anyone will be kicked out. I just see a MEGA "conference" being developed with possibly 32+ teams

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  I think he is just trying to be funny. Lol.

I know he is but its worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                    Tried to tell y’all. It comes down to a vote. The schools are set to vote OU in, pass on tu. All tu did was further wreck their weak *** conference.
                    This would be funny if it did actually happen.

Comment

Maybe the SEC won't give a crap about hand gestures like the Big 12 did. Bring back "horns down" and the annual Thanksgiving game. Should be fun!

Comment

What I've never understood, is with allllll of this money out there to be made on 18-25 year olds playing amateur football........why hasn't the NFL jumped in and taken this all over?

They've piddled around and bankrupted a handfull of different leagues made up of has beens, and never weres. Why havn't they just started a minor league team for each franchise, pay them decently, and hold a draft for anyone out of high school who wants to be elligible? They'd effectively end high level CFB.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          What I've never understood, is with allllll of this money out there to be made on 18-25 year olds playing amateur football........why hasn't the NFL jumped in and taken this all over?

They've piddled around and bankrupted a handfull of different leagues made up of has beens, and never weres. Why havn't they just started a minor league team for each franchise, pay them decently, and hold a draft for anyone out of high school who wants to be elligible? They'd effectively end high level CFB.
                          Because it wouldn't work. College football is the second most popular sport and has the most rabid fanbase. Minor league football would be or have neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                            Have you guys heard any updates from your contacts?
                            Nothing new. To be fair the contacts I was referring to don’t sit on the board or anything. They are just big donor Alumni with ties within the program that hate Texas as much as everyone else. I still have no idea how this was not leaked a long time ago, with it being in the works for so long.

Myself and them were referring to the Gentleman Agreement, conference looking out for each other, not allowing another in state rival in, etc. We were all naive to believe anything mattered more then money at the end of the day.

I’ve lost all interest in Pro Sports, I sure hope College Football doesn’t follow their path.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              I questioned how well A&M could compete in the SEC at the time of the move. I believe they are about the same as they were in the SWC, Big 12, and now SEC (conference records show it). They are competing, just not for championships yet.

I think what has happened is they have reaffirmed a commitment to athletics and pouring the money into it. Most Aggies I know are very happy with their current state of the program in football and very excited about their baseball hire. Basketball hire isn't looking great, but it's early. As long as they will continue to invest the dollars, it will continue to grow.
                              Had they stayed in the Big 12 in 2012 I really think they would have won the Conference with Manziel and would have been in the National championship game that year.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                                Nothing new. To be fair the contacts I was referring to don’t sit on the board or anything. They are just big donor Alumni with ties within the program that hate Texas as much as everyone else. I still have no idea how this was not leaked a long time ago, with it being in the works for so long.

Myself and them were referring to the Gentleman Agreement, conference looking out for each other, not allowing another in state rival in, etc. We were all naive to believe anything mattered more then money at the end of the day.

I’ve lost all interest in Pro Sports, I sure hope College Football doesn’t follow their path.
                                This is the type of move that, if not careful, will kill college football. This is the first of many moves that get us going in that direction. All because of greed. Everyone will look back on this one day and regret these types of decisions imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X