No announcement yet.

skid steer question/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equipment is generally different than a car or truck. You’ll retain your value. Plus with the way supply and demand is these days I don’t see you having any issue selling it for top dollar.

Some Google searches on low hour used machines should show that.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      The tracks will be 10 to 1 better for your job. If you gonna stay on tires just use the tractor
      This is what I was thinking. Skid steer is going to be so helpful, you wont want to sell it when done. If you can drive a tractor, you will be able to drive the skid steer. It will take 5 mins to get used to it. Buy one with a cab if you can.

Comment

Rent or hire a dozer

Comment

Don't know anything about buying a used one EXCEPT make sure if you don't that you get someone to inspect it that knows what they are looking at/for or buy from a reputable place that will stand behind what they sell

You might go from a $20K bargain to a bottomless repair pit. I don't remember anyone ever telling me they were inexpensive to work on

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Don't know anything about buying a used one EXCEPT make sure if you don't that you get someone to inspect it that knows what they are looking at/for or buy from a reputable place that will stand behind what they sell

You might go from a $20K bargain to a bottomless repair pit. I don't remember anyone ever telling me they were inexpensive to work on
            Great advice here, so many times get people in the shop that got a great deal and then throw a few more thousands at it to fix the great deal they got.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
              Rent or hire a dozer
              X2

Comment

Everyone is saying tracks over tires. What about driving on caliche and flint rocks?

Comment

Working...
                X