No announcement yet.

Bad work environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not so much the work its the managers and leadership that make you look elsewhere.

Comment

My boss is totally mean !
      Gives no breaks. Won’t listen to anything I say regardless if it’s good or bad.
      I’ve been here 20 years without a raise. He is a total hard az.
      But he lets me go hunting when ever I want and allows me to come back each year after deer season.
      I have been self employed for 20 years.
      Luckily my boss and I think alike.

Comment

I have been a supervisor in some capacity for many years. At one point I had 735 direct employees. It is possible for a good worker to get overlooked but not very often. I always HATED a whiner. Now a self confident individual that came into my office to tell me how they have stepped up and taken on more responsibility gets respect and more attention. If they are stepping up and it went unnoticed, they get compensated and promoted.

The same individual turns out to be just a whiner... they need to get on down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Stites_Bites View Post
          To put it simply… I get paid hourly. Everyone around me gets paid per hour as well. I am one of 2 employees that will get asked to work more than 40 hours a week nearly every week. I started off hungry and eager and would always try and go above and beyond. I put my head down and did it often. I’m realizing now that I’m getting more and more responsibilities thrust at me with no incentive to keep grinding like I used to. I haven’t made a cent more than I did when I started 2 years ago…. So I simply asked if the work load could be equally distributed if I wasn’t getting a raise. They didn’t like the fact that I wanted others to match my hours I guess?

Now I’m seen as someone who complains. I made the naive mistake in thinking that I could comfortably voice these concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          That's not just you, that's crappy management. Been there, done that.

I have been salary for years, considered a "exempt" employee (not really management, but not labor either) I worked at a company for several years and put up with it. No raise, no bonus. I would work 12-16 hours per day, which was expected. Then, my boss would write me up if I came in at 8:15. (work hours were 8-5) Yeah, it was toxic. I was glad to leave there. I should not have put up with it for as long as I did.

Cut your losses, and find another gig. It will not improve for you. It's time to move on, and remember the lesson you learned here.

Comment

Working...
          X