No announcement yet.

Ladder Stand vs Lock on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if you have the luxury to have several spots and a private place to hunt, ladder stands can have there place if you brush them in good, and hunt the right wind etc. But if you're doing much public land, run and gun type hunting they're not to useful. Climbing sticks and a light loc-on are hard to beat. They are not for old men, those very out of shape, or overweight. I have a spot, I rifle hunt out of ladder stand, and I must say, I look forward to the comfort. When I was younger, a buddy and I used to get 35-40 ft up in trees, and put the corn straight down. We shot alot a deer straight through the backstrap, exit would darn deer be at the bottom of the deer. Don't go that high anymore.
    Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 07-08-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      I'd much prefer a ladder stand but since I hunt public land exclusively that is not an option. Ladders are not mobile.
      I really just use the stand to get above the "brush line" so I can scan a bit more landscape than 30 or 40 yards. I am thinking about cutting my sections down and only use 3. ought to be able to carry it almost like a climber.

Comment

Lock on for me

Comment

Working...
        X