No announcement yet.

Found an old fishing pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s wonderful that you have both the memories AND the pictures. They’re not only fun to look back on, they also serve to remind us of the values instilled by a simpler way of life.

My mother is the genealogist of our family and has amassed hundreds of pictures and documents from our past generations. My Mom spent hours with my daughter when she was younger, passing along the family legend and lore. I believe my daughter is the young lady she is today because she was raised by the stories of her ancestors. Oh, and I’m including that one night she spent in jail and the time she broke her foot “crowd surfing” at a Texas Tech football game. I blame them for that, too.

Comment

That’s awesome!! He’s got good taste in fish too!!

Comment

Such an awesome pic John. I'm jealous of all of you that knew your grandparents. I only knew my dad's mother and all she did was yell at me in German.

Comment

Great pic and a hog of a crappie. What was his last name ?

Comment

Very cool John. Knowing family history can be so rewarding. I don’t know mine so I’m a little envious of those who do. He looks like a man of character and the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Great pic and a hog of a crappie. What was his last name ?
              His name was P.H. Parker. He owned a Gulf service station and sold bulk Gulf products to farmers in the Grapeland area. Parker cemetery just north of town is on ground that originally was his grandfather's or maybe great-grandfather's farm.

Comment

Cool Pic!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Great pic!

Comment

That's an awesome picture of you both!
                      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Awesome picture

Comment

My wife has a filter/app that you put over photos like this and you grandpa will come alive. They will blink, smile, look around...and you cant tell AT ALL that it is not a real life video you are watching. We did it to our grandparents photos this past weekend. It just gives you a sort of pleasure to see them as they may have been in these still photos. Off topic..but thought i would share

Comment

Working...
                          X