Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Raise that flag! “Panchos”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    Maybe we need a TBH GTG at the Humble Panchos
    I would make the trip.

Last time I was at one was in the late 80's down in the RGV. Endless sophillas was our favorite. Will have to take daughter for a lunch road trip to Humble.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
      We went to the one here in NRH about 8 years ago. It was petty bad. It closed about a year ago. Panchos certainly was a real treat back in the day.
      My parents live less than a mile from where that one was. When I was in high school ('80-'83) we'd wear them out to the tune of about $3.25 for all we could pack into our teen-aged bellies....which was a LOT!

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
      It's been 20 years probably for me after the one in burleson closed...
      This is the last one I've been to as well, we very disappointed with it.

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
      Green chili stew
      I get 'em to pour that green chili stew over my rice.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        It’s been years since I been. Now I want to go back. I raised the flag many of times!
        I'd be up for this.

Back in my younger days when I was single a bunch of us bachelors sat down at the one in the old Pasadena Mall. After about an hour the manager came and took our flag and said he couldn't feed us anymore. Gave us our meals at half price and asked us to leave.

Comment

When we were in high school a bunch of guys went to the Panchos on 199 after the am two a days football practice. The rest of us hit up Pizza Hut buffet. Needless to say all of the Panchos crew were throwing up in the end zone when they started conditioning us. Some of the Pizza Hut guys did as well. I got close but was able to hold the pizza down. No way was I going to Panchos in between practices in 105 + degree weather with a coach who believed in running the s$/t out of us! Good times and memories!

Comment

Yesterday at the one in mesquite.

Comment

Made the 50 minute trip today with the daughter this afternoon to the one in Humble. Was just like the one I went to with my parents in the Valley 40 years ago. Brought back some good old memories. Definitely will make the trip again..

Comment

Y’all got me wanting to go. I thought they were all gone. Mesquite isn’t all that far from me but I try to avoid that city as much as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pancho's. Next thing you know someone will be sowing the seeds of digestive discord w/ a thread abut the 'greatness' of Long John Silvers.

Now i have to go find a chile' relleno...

Comment

The only restaurant where I had to take a **** before leaving. Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
                      When we were in high school a bunch of guys went to the Panchos on 199 after the am two a days football practice. The rest of us hit up Pizza Hut buffet. Needless to say all of the Panchos crew were throwing up in the end zone when they started conditioning us. Some of the Pizza Hut guys did as well. I got close but was able to hold the pizza down. No way was I going to Panchos in between practices in 105 + degree weather with a coach who believed in running the s$/t out of us! Good times and memories!
                      So it was you guys.

Common knowledge up and down the Jacksboro Highway from Pancho's was never park close to the front door of the restaurant, and in the parking lot at night watch where you step.

You are right, good times and memories.

Comment

I was at the San Antonio location the night they shut it down. Sit down, start eating everything is fine and everyone’s in a good mood. Halfway through several servers come from the kitchen looking angry/upset. The whole staff was told that night they were closing down permanently in 1 hour with no advanced notice. That wrapped up our meal pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          The only restaurant where I had to take a **** before leaving. Never again.
                          Sissy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Absolutely! To me the Humble location tastes just like it did when I was a kid.
                            Still the same brand of dog food?

Comment

Been at least 10 years. I saw a post FB and have invited a bunch of friends to the Mesquite location on the 10th of July to raise the flag with my son and me.

Comment

Last time was when I was a kid, in the mid-90's. I remember they asked us to leave because my uncle ate too much. He was a huge ogre of a man (especially to a kid) and could probably give that Joey Chestnut guy a run for his money. Anyway, they came out after many many flag raises and accused him of hiding the food (really??) to take home. There was a little back and forth and we just all got up and left. Didn't even pay!

Comment

Working...
                                X