Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good food.

Comment

Early 2000's on a Sunday morning after a long night out. I was telling my daughter about Pancho's a few days ago. She's 16 and has never heard of it. Feel like I failed her.

Comment

I ate there the last time I desired projectile poop.

In the 90’s I’d guess.

Comment

On April 10, 1972 a family with 8 kids from Long Island NY arrived in Texas and got their first taste of Mexican food. I was 10 and could not believe you could just raise a flag and keep getting more food. The salsa was so hot! And the sopapillas with butter and honey were so good.

One of those kids still insists on eating there for his birthday.

Best thing there is the Green Chile pork stew.

Strangest thing is the Chile relleno.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I still eat at the one in Humble about once a year. I regret it every time. Having a short term memory sucks.

I eat there and regret nothing. Love that place.

That’s good stuff Curt, taking them munchkins there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interestingly our catch phrase for a gut shot animal is "raise the flag". Had to explain where that came from to our Wyoming friends that hunt with us and now they use it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                I eat there and regret nothing. Love that place.

That’s good stuff Curt, taking them munchkins there.

For some reason I get a craving for Panchos. Like I said it’s only about once a year. My regret is mostly from eating too much. I use to go there for the sopapillas. The ones at Little Mexico are better.

Comment

I like Pancho's - go to the one in Humble a few times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Valentine’s Day 2020, I treated Jennie to a gourmet lunch!

It’s never to early to introduce your grandkids to the deliciousness of Panchos!!!

This post has me considering taking a stroll down memory lane and giving it a try for the first time in 20 or so years Grand kids in tow as well.
                    Last edited by dbaio1; 07-03-2021, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I quit eating there once I started making enough money to eat good food.

Comment

Theres something about the sizzle and smell, and cheese covered goodness. It was in the early 90s for me, for the last trip. There is still one open on the south side of houston, but thats too far to drive intentionally.

Comment

There food goes out faster then u can eat it. Been 20 yrs since i ate there, and never again. Better have a full pack of baby wipes before u go

Comment

We would vacation at Six Flags (Arlington) from NE Louisiana when I was a kid. We thought we were living the dream going to Panchos! I'm not sure if we were just exhausted from being at Six Flags all day, or if the food was actually greatness, but I raised the flag Many times. The enchiladas (1 of each kind) was my favorite.

Comment

We used to frequent the Dallas Casa Linda location in the 80s. The enchiladas weren't the only thing baked in there. Lol. Wore that flag out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

It wasn’t that bad. It’s fast Mexican food, what do you expect?

Comment

Working...
                                X