Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Normal forgetfulness vs something else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's called getting older folks, it happens to the best of us. But much better than the alternative!!!

Comment

I was going to post something but can’t remember what if was.

Comment

It’s like the old sayin goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          Can you elaborate on it and availability?

My first impression viewing their website is it seems gimicky.

What are nootropics and how can they help me?

Nootropics are nutrient compounds shown to enhance mental performance in areas such as motivation, creativity, mood, memory, focus, and cognitive processing. They work best when combined with exercise, proper nutrition, and mindfulness activities such as meditation. One of the most commonly used and consumed nootropics is caffeine - but it is far from the most exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            My first impression viewing their website is it seems gimicky.
            "They" don't have a website. It's a general term for supplement (Natural or synthetic) that improves cognitive performance. Everyone here takes some form already. As you said, caffeine is a nootropic. Nobody here would argue the effect of your morning coffee. Omega-3s, ginseng, ginko bilboa, etc are all examples of natural nootropics. Adderall would be an example of synthetic. There are companies taking these compounds and combining them for a cognition-specific supplement. Just like any supplement, there are good and bad. (Don't listen to Amazon reviews as companies are "buying" positive reviews.) A 90-day money back guarantee is pretty indicative of a quality product.

I'm not an expert, doctor, or at all affiliated with any. Just mentioning that my parents are taking them and say they have had good results. Even if it is placebo effect... If nothing else, just providing something for some of these guys to look into for potential relief/help. Not advocating their use.
            Last edited by BlackHogDown; 07-02-2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Squirrel!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                "They" don't have a website. It's a general term for supplement (Natural or synthetic) that improves cognitive performance. Everyone here takes some form already. As you said, caffeine is a nootropic. Nobody here would argue the effect of your morning coffee. Omega-3s, ginseng, ginko bilboa, etc are all examples of natural nootropics. Adderall would be an example of synthetic. There are companies taking these compounds and combining them for a cognition-specific supplement. Just like any supplement, there are good and bad. (Don't listen to Amazon reviews as companies are "buying" positive reviews.) A 90-day money back guarantee is pretty indicative of a quality product.

I'm not an expert, doctor, or at all affiliated with any. Just mentioning that my parents are taking them and say they have had good results. Even if it is placebo effect... If nothing else, just providing something for some of these guys to look into for potential relief/help. Not advocating their use.
                Ok thanks for the insight. I was looking because I am seeking potential relief/help as well...not trying to discredit you. When I typed it in there is an actual company called Nootropics so I assumed thats what you were referring to. I have taken the Omega-3s, ginseng, ginko bilboa's you mentioned but never had a positive results. Caffeine...yes of course. I will continue looking into other forms of Nootropics. Thanks again for the insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Ok thanks for the insight. I was looking because I am seeking potential relief/help as well...not trying to discredit you. When I typed it in there is an actual company called Nootropics so I assumed thats what you were referring to. I have taken the Omega-3s, ginseng, ginko bilboa's you mentioned but never had a positive results. Caffeine...yes of course. I will continue looking into other forms of Nootropics. Thanks again for the insight.
                  I thought you were 30 years younger then me................

Comment

My CRS Syndrome gets worse every year.

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
                      My CRS Syndrome gets worse every year.
                      Have you been tested? It could be DGAS syndrome,

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        Have you been tested? It could be DGAS syndrome,
                        This is a new one for me.
                        Please explain!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          This is a new one for me.
                          Please explain!!!
                          Don’t give a ***x syndrome

Comment

I ran out of S's a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                              I thought you were 30 years younger then me................
                              Sadly I am Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                                My grandma's alzheimer's/dementia was horrible. I now notice my mom repeating questions about things we've discussed at length. Recently, dad started them both on some nootropic.(Not sure which one) He says the increased mental clarity was very noticeable after a few weeks. Maybe something worth looking into for some of you guys that are interested...

Me too
                                I wish you would find out what they are taking and post it here or PM me. My short term memory is getting bad. I have to pause and think for a minute to remember what I was going to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X