Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Need Value for Rusted Tin Roof Sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Value for Rusted Tin Roof Sheets

I know some folks use these for decoration on inside walls, ceilings, etc.
    I have some that are 26.5"x18'. I have over 30 sheets. They were on an old barn I demoed. They have nail holes in them. I had a contractor tell me they go for $40 a sheet. That seems high to me but just needing opinions before I list them for sale.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	25252309

Click image for larger version

Name:	tin2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	25252310

I don't know but I would guess closer to $4 a sheet than $40. If I had a contractor tell me that I would have told them that they were in luck and sold them every piece at $20. If you find anyone at $40 and they need some more please let me know. I will fix them up......

-john

Comment

Seemed high to me too but maybe he was quoting what he charges the customers on his builds. IDK.

Comment

I’d think $5-$10 each depending on dings, dents and such. I would definitely advertise it as rustic tin ready for a gameroom or man cave.

Comment

We paid $3 a sheet for a bunch when we were building our barn.

I've seen people "trying" to sell it for $10 a foot.

For 18' sheets, I'd say $10-15 a sheet would be good for you and the buyer.

Comment

$10 a sheet is fair, That's was I paid for mine a few years back and I think they where 10 or 12 foot sheets.
            Last edited by Bassdeer; 07-01-2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Have you seen how much they cost new? For 18’ sheets I think you could easily get $20 a piece. If not, cut em half and sell for $10/sheet. People prob feel like they’re getting a better deal then.

Comment

They are worth what someone will pay.

I needed some but refused to pay for it. Ended up getting it free

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I paid a $1.00 a foot last year for some.

Comment

I see them online for $1/ft a lot. I have seen some ppl asking 1.50/ft more recently

Comment

Thanks guys. That gives me a starting point.

Comment

I might be interested depending on your price, where are you located?

Comment

I bought 75 sheets earlier this year for a project. They were 18' long and the small ridges. I paid $20 a sheet and got help loading them. I was able to choose my sheets and they were in great shape.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

$1 a foot tops. I can buy new and distress it overnight and not deal with all the holes and dents

Comment

Just sold $300 today. I get $1 foot. $1.25 if they cull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X