No announcement yet.

Suggest a dog breed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We breed German shorthaired pointers, and labs for hunting. But When i was introduced to the presa canario breed for exactly what your asking for, my son to have as a companion I didn't realize that the dog would be as loyal and protector as he turned out to be.
    3 for Presa Canario.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by no bait; 06-30-2021, 09:30 AM. Reason: add pics

Comment

Originally posted by Lkon81 View Post
      Been around them for years. My brothers been training them for military and law enforcement for over 30 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I figured lol hence the * insert

Comment

South African Boerboel anyone?

I've never had any experience with these. I saw one in academy one time and my goodness, what a creature.

Comment

Cane corso for 10 yrs and partial to pyrenees as well

Comment

Originally posted by no bait View Post
            We breed German shorthaired pointers, and labs for hunting. But When i was introduced to the presa canario breed for exactly what your asking for, my son to have as a companion I didn't realize that the dog would be as loyal and protector as he turned out to be.
            3 for Presa Canario.
            I’m glad I’m not the only one here with experience with this breed. They are amazing dogs and get a bad rap from the uninformed public based simply on their “look”. Some old man at the tire shop called mine a “man killer” and needed to be shot. As I said previously, Jaxx knows when to “turn it on”. Before my grandmother passed away, I would take him to the nursing home with me. We’d walk up and down the halls and they would all come out of their rooms to see him and pet on him. Worst thing he ever did was drool on them.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Trevor73402; 06-30-2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Does anyone ever not pin the ears on the Presa's?

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                Get you a real Staffordshire Terrier. Compact magnum. 50-60 pounds of Staffy is all you need. They don't get along with other dogs, and aren't normally good watchdogs, as they don't bark a lot and are generally friendly to all humans. Mine killed snakes, hogs, bobcats, coyotes and any small vermin it could catch.
                Bingo!!!!

Comment

Suggest a dog breed

English Mastiff . Best dogs ever . My kids loved ours . Just had to put my almost 12 year old mastiff down Saturday.
                  Last edited by Strummer; 06-30-2021, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Anatolian shepherd
                    African Boerboel
                    Bullmastiff
                    Rottweiler - only from a top notch bloodline. Too many backyard breeders

I would steer clear of a Cane Corso the couple I have met wanted to bite your head off even after the owners tried introducing them properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
                      Anatolian shepherd
                      African Boerboel
                      Bullmastiff
                      Rottweiler - only from a top notch bloodline. Too many backyard breeders

I would steer clear of a Cane Corso the couple I have met wanted to bite your head off even after the owners tried introducing them properly.

My cane corso was a killer . He killed and ate 4 of my neighbors show lambs .also killed a calf . Caught him red handed killing the lambs .

Comment

Boerboel

Comment

When my son was small, I got him a Boxer. That dog would have fought the devil and his army of fire breathing demons for that boy.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                            My cane corso was a killer . He killed and ate 4 of my neighbors show lambs .also killed a calf . Caught him red handed killing the lambs .
                            I guarantee my neighbors would’ve done the same thing given the chance

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                              When my son was small, I got him a Boxer. That dog would have fought the devil and his army of fire breathing demons for that boy.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
                              ....and would have gotten snapped in two by many of the giant breeds mentioned.

A Turkish Kangal has a bite pressure of 740 psi. A Rottweiler is around 300. GSD and APBT are both around 230.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                                Can't see most of it that way.

Not every truck other than Ford diesel is "trash"
                                on the 7mag
                                I prefer pecan with some mesquite (about 70/30) and wrap w/butcher paper after smoking to proper temp of 165
                                I only dry age or simply butcher fresh and freeze.

Agree to disagree.
                                @hart8

This guy is way more right than you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X