Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Jacob DeGrom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Rangers fans. Hope he stays healthy for y’all

Comment

Aaaannndddd the rangers will still finish behind Seattle and Houston, but spend them Benjamin's

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        HVAC system beginning to pay dividends
        This is the correct answer, and to think some of y’all were so against it. You know who you are😄

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
          Aaaannndddd the rangers will still finish behind Seattle and Houston, but spend them Benjamin's
          Genius of a prediction.

Comment

Hard to buy a team. BUT they throwing their best offers out there. Guess we’ll see where it leads. Kinda lukewarm on this deal…too much money for someone that don’t see the mound enough

Comment

You probably need to lay off using windex on your windows. Licking windows can cause windex poisoning

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Genius of a prediction.
                Originally posted by Smart View Post
                You probably need to lay off using windex on your windows. Licking windows can cause windex poisoning

It is comical how easy it is to irritate Ranger fans. I am not anti Rangers at all. Yes, I am an Astro fan but the other Texas team ...is from Texas so they need to win to.
                All I am sayin is the rangers spent close to 1/2 a billion on 2 players last year and while one of them wasn't a flop and the second one was, the first half of the season anyway, and they sucked. One pitcher isn't suddenly going to make them competitive.
                DeGrom is injury prone...DOMINANT A.F. when he's not...but he is injury prone. I bet he may start 25 games at most and I bet he goes 13-5....as dominant as he is , the dude has never win more than 15 games a season since 2014 and it's usually closer to 5-10 wins....I know there are a ton of other stats to look at but at the end of the day, it's who wins the most

The one pitcher doesn't suddenly make them a World Series contender

Comment

It is comical how easy it is to irritate Ranger fans. I am not anti Rangers at all. Yes, I am an Astro fan but the other Texas team ...is from Texas so they need to win to.

All I am sayin is the rangers spent close to 1/2 a billion on 2 players last year and while one of them wasn't a flop and the second one was, the first half of the season anyway, and they sucked. One pitcher isn't suddenly going to make them competitive.

DeGrom is injury prone...DOMINANT A.F. when he's not...but he is injury prone. I bet he may start 25 games at most and I bet he goes 13-5....as dominant as he is , the dude has never win more than 15 games a season since 2014 and it's usually closer to 5-10 wins....I know there are a ton of other stats to look at but at the end of the day, it's who wins the most

Wins are not a good metric to measure how effective a starting pitcher is. Felix hernandez was dominant in his prime but unfortunately his mariners were not so good. Wins are a poor measurement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy to see this.

Hopeful that new leadership will get us back to 2010/2011 form!

Comment

He’s right you know. It also takes sign stealing and illegal bats

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

If thats all it took, the rangers woulda won with a rod, josh hamilton etc....

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Comment

Jacob DeGrom

Originally posted by Anthonysince94 View Post
                              Wins are not a good metric to measure how effective a starting pitcher is. Felix hernandez was dominant in his prime but unfortunately his mariners were not so good. Wins are a poor measurement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No, but how about number of starts per year and innings pitched?

deGrom could end up pitching up to the contract but I’m skeptical. There is no way I’d give him that kind of deal. Shorter term high aav, yes but 5 years is too long imo. I don’t think there will be any middle ground with this deal. It will either be a home run or a strike out. Time will tell. I love baseball because of things like this.

Last edited by rtp; 12-03-2022, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Hey, I don’t have a dog in this fight, I can’t stand the Rangers as much as the Astros . I just don’t like cheaters

Comment

Working...
                                X