No announcement yet.

Dead cat under the hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was Christmas eve in 1972, or 73. We were getting loaded in the car to head over to grandma's. The car made a funny sound. Daddy had us walk down the street to our mamaw's house. He showed up a little later, looking kind of sick. They didn't tell me what happened till many years later. I just thought peaches ran away.

Comment

Got a stray kitten. All is good for several weeks. Wife went to Burnet HEB. Cat disappeared. It had a habit to crawl into the engine compartment. Think in survived and is a member of the stray cats in Burnet.

Comment

We’ve had two crawl up in the car this last couple weeks one fell out and got run over at the end of the street, and the other must have bailed down the street too, because the neighbors posted it on Facebook, and my wife went and got it. Kitten stayed latched on to mama for quite awhile, was pretty thirsty. Cats sure do find all kinds of ways to get themselves killed

Comment

I got to pull a really ripe cat out of my wife's car one time. It was beyond nasty. I was cussing my next door neighbor thinking he had something rotten in his trash. Then I walked by her car at work and was like uh oh, I think we have a problem.

Not sure who's cat it was but it didn't make it home.

Comment

I’d try to cook a brisket under the hood long before I’d ever put a cat there.

Comment

Like I said in the beginning, there was 2 cats that showed up, a tabby and a black/orange looking one. The one I got out was the black looking one kitten. The tabby had 2 kittens as well. When I walked out this evening to head for work, one of those kittens was laying in the driveway where my wife parks. My truck is just next to it. So, walking towards my truck, the dang thing runs under my truck. When I get to my truck, I heard it jump on in it, but it was somewhere around the back, like between the cab and bed area. I said kitten, you better hang on, you going for a ride lol. Not sure if he made the 16 mile trip or not. Really don’t care!!!

Comment

Working...
              X