No announcement yet.

Rolling blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing they are still air conditioning all those empty downtown towers also.

Comment

Were sitting on one of the best power storage locations in all of the continental US. It's called the Permian Basin!!!! Drill baby drill!!!

Comment

Pedernales Electric stating “animal interference” for Leander outage ...

According to the PEC Outage Map, there are a total of eight outages and 3,843 affected meters. Overall, 98.92% of meters have power.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          Where do you find that information?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            I am sure it is. But the point is, how have we, as humans, not figured this out yet??? The second electricity was discovered, we should have been figuring out how to store it.
            aside from the battery?

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
              Pedernales Electric stating “animal interference” for Leander outage ...

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/pede...day-afternoon/
              Where I use to work on occasion a cat or raccoon would find a hole to get inside our electric transformer stations and trip everything associated with that substation out.

Comment

Glad I ordered that dual fuel generator.

I got to wondering yesterday as I was moving some tposts that had been sitting in the sun…****…these things have alot of energy stored….aka they were hotter than the redheaded scorpio thst took my virginity. “Why cant we throw a bumch on metal in the ground…allow the sun to do its thing to heat them up…then reuse that heat for powering stuff…as opposed to using salts in some solar systems... day and night.

There should be 1-2 nuclear reactors in every major Texas city. Houston gets 2. DFW gets 4. San Antonio gets 2. Austin gets hippie farts. Texas only has 4 reactors total. We should have a minimum of 8 reactors.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  aside from the battery?
                  Lol….i couldnt get there either

Comment

As a fellow that has worked in the coal mines my whole life, I think it is funny.
                    They have shut down mines and power plants all over the state. I hope Austin and Dallas go without power all summer

Comment

I thought we had plenty of generation and carrying capacity? In the icepocalypse they said the issue was because the powerplants where shutting down due to not being built to withstand freezing temperatures. Are they freezing again?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        As a fellow that has worked in the coal mines my whole life, I think it is funny.
                        They have shut down mines and power plants all over the state. I hope Austin and Dallas go without power all summer
                        Do you really think that Joe Blow the Average Citizen closed the coal mines and plants ?

The guy sitting without electricity really had very little to do with those decisions - maybe he voted once or twice - but he hardly was the decision maker.

I guess I blame the politicians who allowed it to happen - those are the folks that need to be run out on a rail and left in the heat.

Comment

The fun stars when the hackers or terrorists figure out how to knock the grid down.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            aside from the battery?
                            Then why do we not have battery banks everywhere? We have them for critical infrastructure, but even those only last days, at best.

Batteries, at least as they sit now, do not solve the fact that there is basically no way to store power.

Comment

Im just stopping by to read all the “wind mill” comments…

Comment

Working...
                              X