No announcement yet.

Neighbor built a rifle range on the fence line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just build a similar range facing the opposite direction. When he starts shoot, you enjoy your side. I'm guessing he want like the gong going off across the fence from his bench. Just hope he is a good shot.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
      Maybe he is at work and cannot respond......hold tight for a response
      True. Seemed like he was responding quickly earlier, but it’s seems that was really before he was asked. Very well could’ve gotten busy

Comment

Put a corn feeder at the 1000 yd range that would be fun

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Or, maybe he realizes this thread has devolved like most on TBH tend to do.

Comment

Very true and possibly correct

Comment

I'd probably be a terrible neighbor.

I dream of finding the 10 acre hill country property that is 5000 yds long and 10 yards wide.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                Sounds like his neighbor would. Knowing a camp is down range increases that possibility by a lot.

And you are right. But where is that camp? How far away? That’s why I mentioned the size of the property. It’s a big difference between a camp a few hundred yards over the fence and one on the other side of a few hundred acres, And in that pic the OP posted, there IS an incline for backstop. How many inclines or hills is between that cabin?
                Both landowners are not posting here. Only one, and he has no evidence that anything is crossing his fence. If and when he does, that’s a matter he can address.

Comment

Looking at his post history, could be a minute..

Comment

Just curious, anybody here actually get a leo to go along with the bullet crossing a fence law? Looks like it would take a lot to prove, and it's only a class C violation... maybe a lawyer would be more effective. IDK

Seems like every neighbor I have has a feeder on the property line.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                      Seen this before. Can it work and be safe? Yes is there potential for serious bodily injury ? Yes. Would I feel at ease ? No. Best thing to do is try and be civil. Ive seen a couple homemade ranges that worked and been called to several for your same concerns. Ai t nothing like responding to a hospital and speaking to a grandfather that was walking in the woods with his 10 year old grandson and him saying ouch That hurt. .223 shot suppressed from a long way. Luckily everyone was ok but I still think of this picture every I see one of these threads.

Good luck and keep calm

I don’t know what hurt worse. That bullet in the backside or that proximal femur fracture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                        Just curious, anybody here actually get a leo to go along with the bullet crossing a fence law? Looks like it would take a lot to prove, and it's only a class C violation... maybe a lawyer would be more effective. IDK

Seems like every neighbor I have has a feeder on the property line.
                        I never had any luck with it. After being hit in the face by shotgun pellets multiple times on a kayak on the lake at Brushy Creek Lake Park one morning, I complained about someone dove hunting on the other side of the dam.

They told me on the phone that unless they witnessed it, they could do nothing and refused to even go on the property to investigate.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Give him a gift of 30 rounds of 5.56 tracers. Make sure you are filming the rounds as they fly all over your property. My first time shooting tracers in the Army I couldn’t believe what rounds do after skipping the earth. We started a fire or two out at Ft Hood with those things. Rounds leave the range all the time.

Last edited by Ætheling; 06-15-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                            Give him a gift of 30 rounds of 5.56 tracers. Make sure you are filming the rounds as they fly all over your property. My first time shooting tracers in the Army I couldn’t believe what rounds do after skipping the earth. We started a fire or two out at Ft Hood with those things. Rounds leave the range all the time.

https://youtu.be/DoQTFbPbg_g
                            I'm putting a shooting range like that on the fence line

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              I'm putting a shooting range like that on the fence line
                              Point of the video is that its a myth that rounds just bury into the dirt. In fact we were trained to shoot low on targets in certain conditions as the skippers will bounce up and kill the enemy just the same. If they are hugging dirt you shoot the dirt in front of them. Anyone saying rounds wouldn’t come off a fence line range and into the OPs property is dead wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post

https://youtu.be/DoQTFbPbg_g
                                I had no idea

Invite that bunch over for a shoot and I bet neighbor puts a for sale sign out

Comment

Working...
                                X