Neighbor built a rifle range on the fence line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
    Yeah Smart…..I read it all. What do you think I missed? The guy has done nothing wrong. Just because the OP doesn’t like it, doesn’t give him a greater right over the other guy’s property and what he can/can’t do on it. Leave the guy alone. Mind your own business. Don’t be trying to police others when it inconveniences you in some way. It doesn’t matter what the landowner does, it sounds like the OP is going to cry no matter what. If he were to build a drive in theater, he’d cry about that. If he had put in a short range pistol only range, he’d cry about that too. If he decided to put light plants every 50ft on the fence, he’d cry…… what it comes down to is the OP wouldn’t like anything if he feels it’s inconvenienced him in anyway.

Where is the cabin from that last target at 1K? Show us on google maps. How many trees/brush are in between that target and his cabin? What is the elevation change from the target to the cabin (exact locations)?

I have a 1000yd range at home. A few years back, someone leasing some property behind me decided to put a homemade deer blind literally 75yds across the fence behind/slightly right of my 1000yd plate rack. This blind has full size glass home windows in it on 3 sides. That blind has been sitting there for 4-5 years now. I shoot almost weekly. Guess what…….it still has all the windows in it and no bullet holes.

So Smart…..why don’t you tell me how I am wrong, ok pumpkin?

Pumpkin?....Much like Rubi posted, I'd be concerned about the cabin location, Affliction.......I mean he's the one that made the first reference to it. You should ask him.

My opinion is it only take ones to slip through and a connection and its a problem. I know I'd feel uneasy like the OP with somebody shooting my direction. Plus you run into the law I provided with your projectile crossing property lines. It include hunting and recreational shooting. Its the shooters responsibility to make sure it doesn't cross...not the cabin owners.
    Last edited by Smart; 06-15-2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
      If bullet crosses property line, he has a problem. Other than that, I would say consult an attorney, as here on TBH you are going to get a lot of opinions.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

^

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        I have a similar thing at my place. The best thing is try to ignore them. Because they are not breaking any laws. And all your going to do is to provoke them to shoot more. Ask me how I know

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Technically if their projectile is crossing property lines they would be breaking a law.. I don't have any issues with the range....nor the shooting. What I do have is an issue with disregard for the neighbors possible safety and not listening to any possibilities for rectifying.

Comment

We haven't received enough detail to make any judgement yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Technically if their projectile is crossing property lines they would be breaking a law.. I don't have any issues with the range....nor the shooting. What I do have is an issue with disregard for the neighbors possible safety and not listening to any possibilities for rectifying.
            Oh it bothers the crap out of me. But it's better for me to leave then fill my blood pressure go through the roof. At least there not shooting 10000 rounds a day like they do by me . But thank God they only do it 6 to 7 times a year

Comment

Did the OP ever answer the question as to how far his cabin sits behind the range? From looking at the pictures presented, I’d say the neighbor has a pretty good set-up.

Comment

Would you feel safe walking on your own property with guys shooting 1k yards at that last target? Of course not.

And for all those asking where the cabin in located, the law doesn't say projectile crossing a boundary line AND hitting a cabin or structure.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  Would you feel safe walking on your own property with guys shooting 1k yards at that last target? Of course not.

And for all those asking where the cabin in located, the law doesn't say projectile crossing a boundary line AND hitting a cabin or structure.
                  Yeah, but you have to have proof that the projectile did cross the property line.

Comment

I was on a lease in Falfurrias years ago and the neighbors complained that my huntung set up was facing towards their camp site. I looked it up on google maps and sure enough it was but there was quite a bit of brush in between. I went ahead and moved the feeder to prevent any tragedies. I for one do not want to be responsible for a stray bullet to strike a neighbor. It's called ettiquette and it goes a long way. It's amazing how people now a days prefer to think about themselves and not our fellow neighbor.

I'm dealing with it now at my property with neighbors having their hunting set ups facing towards my property. They are 10-20 acre tracts. I talked to the game warden about it and he mentioned that it was legal. I had to prove that they were shooting into my property. That was a wasted 15 minute conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Yeah, but you have to have proof that the projectile did cross the property line.
                      Exactly, that is why this is a feel good law, unenforceable.

Comment

Originally posted by odogg View Post
                        I was on a lease in Falfurrias years ago and the neighbors complained that my huntung set up was facing towards their camp site. I looked it up on google maps and sure enough it was but there was quite a bit of brush in between. I went ahead and moved the feeder to prevent any tragedies. I for one do not want to be responsible for a stray bullet to strike a neighbor. It's called ettiquette and it goes a long way. It's amazing how people now a days prefer to think about themselves and not our fellow neighbor.

I'm dealing with it now at my property with neighbors having their hunting set ups facing towards my property. They are 10-20 acre tracts. I talked to the game warden about it and he mentioned that it was legal. I had to prove that they were shooting into my property. That was a wasted 15 minute conversation...
                        No, it wasn't a wasted 15 minute conversation. You just didn't get the answer from him that you were looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Without the proper context, what is safe? I can shoot up to 1300 yards at our place, but we mostly only shoot to about 700. Range is about 100 yards from my east neighbor and built on an old airstrip that runs north and south. Target is south. Big hill behind as a backstop, and 40 to 60 acres between the hill and the next property line to the south.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            No, it wasn't a wasted 15 minute conversation. You just didn't get the answer from him that you were looking for.
                            You're absolutely correct. I was trying to protect me and my loved ones....

Comment

I would put up a cheapie 12ft box blind directly in the path of the range fire
                              If the guy has half a brain he will make **** sure to be be safe when taking shots and verify Noone downrange

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                I have a similar thing at my place. The best thing is try to ignore them. Because they are not breaking any laws. And all your going to do is to provoke them to shoot more. Ask me how I know

“” God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                                courage to change the things I can,
                                and wisdom to know the difference.””

If they aren’t breaking any laws ^^^^^^ repeat and repeat again

Comment

Working...
                                X