• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Masmak View Post
    Biko is going to easily keep the bears away with his singing ��
    I like the singing.

Remember Season 1, the dude that talked and sang to himself the most won

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
      Just early on, if Biko can get some food built up, he is currently my pick. Anything can happen though.

He was smart to store up some reserves.

The guy complaining about high metabolism won’t be around long imo.

From my air conditioned couch......
      Why wouldn’t you put gill nets out right away and let them be working for you while you expend calories building cabins?
      Gill nets and snares were such cash crops for previous seasons it seems like a do right away thing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
        He was smart to store up some reserves.

The guy complaining about high metabolism won’t be around long imo.

From my air conditioned couch......
        Why wouldn’t you put gill nets out right away and let them be working for you while you expend calories building cabins?
        Gill nets and snares were such cash crops for previous seasons it seems like a do right away thing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same, why have the gill nets not come out yet or snares.

Maybe just not showing us the ones that are doing that because its the same ole thing and they might consider it boring lol who knows.

Comment

It's possible it was too successful and not allowed this season? I haven't looked any anybody's packing lists or anything yet.

Comment

They have to follow Canadian archery & trapping guidelines. Last season this guy could of killed like 4 foxes but couldnt due to trapping regulation. He talked about how mad it made him becasue he was basically starving at that point.

This season is in BC some area called chilko Lake.

-Jack

Comment

Gill nets are approved item just no contestant on season 8 brought one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                Gill nets are approved item just no contestant on season 8 brought one.
                That is nuts.....

Comment

Sometimes I think some of these folks come in thinking “I’ve got this”. Like mentioned earlier the guy building the mac mansion or the canoe. Your getting bombarded by your needs immediately. Seems like I’d be grinding it trying to catch some fish before it gets cold. As always, a great show.

Comment

A couple of the contestants in their pack breakdown brought supplies to make gillnets, and I swore that Clay actually brought one, but at least has intentions of making one. and that bushcraft rod he built is LEGIT!

Comment

What drives me nuts is when they catch a fish with a handline or rod and then stop fishing. Do they really think that fishing conditions are consistent and that they can go back there anytime? Why not keep fishing and try to load up?

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                        A couple of the contestants in their pack breakdown brought supplies to make gillnets, and I swore that Clay actually brought one, but at least has intentions of making one. and that bushcraft rod he built is LEGIT!
                        That rod was awesome.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        What drives me nuts is when they catch a fish with a handline or rod and then stop fishing. Do they really think that fishing conditions are consistent and that they can go back there anytime? Why not keep fishing and try to load up?
                        Might be a PItA to preserve while still having to finish a shelter and all that. I agree though, when the fishing's good pile it up. It would stink to have a huge stash raided by a bear or something though.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          That rod was awesome.

Might be a PItA to preserve while still having to finish a shelter and all that. I agree though, when the fishing's good pile it up. It would stink to have a huge stash raided by a bear or something though.
                          I reckon. But they all come in there knowing they're going to be fishing and knowing how to preserve (smoke) fish before it gets too cold.

Easy for me to say though!

Comment

Some interesting progress on last night’s show with fishing efforts & someone tapping out

Comment

Im confused on the Grizz part. You have no gun but just gonna yell to scare off Apex predators and hope it goes well... what lol?!?!

Comment

Not sure about gill nets but that lake is artificial only and barbless hooks. My money is on Clay but he will need to work harder to keep himself fed. He spent four months trying to gain weight for this thing and only gained 20-25 lbs over regular weight. Remember, season 7 had some survivors that were in a frame shelters. They were colder than Rollin but one was still there up until the last 10 days. And she was pulled off for frostbite. But for that, I think they both would have made it. Having said that, any shelter that could abut a rock wall would be a plus.

Comment

Working...
                                X