Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best PoBoy (Cajun Fare) Beaumont Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Sartin's is gone?

Howxabout that buffet? I think itcwss on Calder or College? It was pretty good for lunch.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Sartin's has been gone for several years. Last place is was located in Beaumont was off I-10 west feeder road.

Floyd's is good, but their poboy isn't good at all. For being where we are located there really aren't any very good options for poboys. Nobody uses the right bread, they all use hoagie type rolls for the most part and that just won't fly. If I had to do a poboy in this area though, I would go to Vautrot's off 105 in between Beaumont and Sour Lake. Woogie's is pretty good to though as mentioned above.

Also as stated above, do yourself a favor and go to Larry's French Market in Groves, place is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      All good info posted above. I am in Orange/BC area but eat all over the area each day with customers.

Judices in BC has had $3/lb for the last couple of weeks and they are good, it's more of a cafe style place. The Judices in Nederland is a touch more upscale with different menu. Reel Cajun does have the best flavor but they are pricey and lots of different spice level options. Kimmy's Cafe in Port Arthur(near the mall) for Breakfast and Lunch is great. The new deal is the old school BBQ crabs at Mama Jacks in Kountze, buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. These are as close as we've found to Sartin's and Channel Inn.

Another place to try is 1701 Barbecue in Beaumont. It is very good, lunch only Tuesday-Saturday from 11-2 or they run out. Daddios in Beaumont and Nederland for burgers. Carlitos and Elenas for Mexican in Beaumont. La Suprema and El Viejo Tony's in Nederland. Street style tacos at Carmelas in Beaumont or Nederland, $1 each on Tuesdays.

PM for any other info.
      That buffett is Kountze according to my in laws in bad to the bone.

Comment

Larry’s in Groves TX

Comment

The Wheelhouse in Port Neches is good, don’t think I’ve tried their poboy. Mamma Jacks seafood buffet is legit in Kountze.

Comment

I like the Wheel House in port neches for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BassMaster13 View Post
              Woogies in Vidor has an amazing cajun sandwich, and pistolettes.
              This. That swamp thing is amazing!

Comment

All good info posted above. I am in Orange/BC area but eat all over the area each day with customers.

Judices in BC has had $3/lb for the last couple of weeks and they are good, it's more of a cafe style place. The Judices in Nederland is a touch more upscale with different menu. Reel Cajun does have the best flavor but they are pricey and lots of different spice level options. Kimmy's Cafe in Port Arthur(near the mall) for Breakfast and Lunch is great. The new deal is the old school BBQ crabs at Mama Jacks in Kountze, buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. These are as close as we've found to Sartin's and Channel Inn.

Another place to try is 1701 Barbecue in Beaumont. It is very good, lunch only Tuesday-Saturday from 11-2 or they run out. Daddios in Beaumont and Nederland for burgers. Carlitos and Elenas for Mexican in Beaumont. La Suprema and El Viejo Tony's in Nederland. Street style tacos at Carmelas in Beaumont or Nederland, $1 each on Tuesdays.

PM for any other info.
                I would make the 5 hour drive to eat these again! Man oh man, the day of the platter service at Sartian's and Channel Inn (Sabine Pass location days)......showing my age now.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                  I would make the 5 hour drive to eat these again! Man oh man, the day of the platter service at Sartin's and Channel Inn (Sabine Pass location days)......showing my age now.
                  They are trying to hit that market, our age, lol. My boys will never know the great times we had down in Sabine Pass. Thinking back, $21.99 for all you could eat fried shrimp and BBQ crabs was a steal. We would go and spend a couple of hours eating with hundreds of people present. It was an experience for sure.

There are a few places offering the BBQ crabs but they are not the same of the old days, some have a kind of breading that coats the shell. Mama Jacks has dialed in that old Sexton's Seasoning perfectly.

Comment

Dang y’all! Thanks for the help. I’ll make a list and hit a few. I had Darrells once years ago and remember it being great, will have to visit that again. My favorite has been Old Tyme Grocery in Lafayette but I need to refresh my memory of Darrells. I’ve never had the BBQ crabs but need to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are trying to hit that market, our age, lol. My boys will never know the great times we had down in Sabine Pass. Thinking back, $21.99 for all you could eat fried shrimp and BBQ crabs was a steal. We would go and spend a couple of hours eating with hundreds of people present. It was an experience for sure.

There are a few places offering the BBQ crabs but they are not the same of the old days, some have a kind of breading that coats the shell. Mama Jacks has dialed in that old Sexton's Seasoning perfectly.
                      Yes sir, 21.99 and you could pitch to you win on shrimp and crabs..............growing up in BC, we made that drive to Sabine Pass often and never missed a chance to flip the quarter and eat at one of the two!

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                        Dang y’all! Thanks for the help. I’ll make a list and hit a few. I had Darrells once years ago and remember it being great, will have to visit that again. My favorite has been Old Tyme Grocery in Lafayette but I need to refresh my memory of Darrells. I’ve never had the BBQ crabs but need to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Yep, old tyme grocery is da best for poboys in laffy

Comment

I know its been mentioned a few times, but when I was living in Beaumont I went to Floyds pretty regularly

If i remember correctly, they had a bang up fried soft shell crab po boy

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                            Yes sir, 21.99 and you could pitch to you win on shrimp and crabs..............growing up in BC, we made that drive to Sabine Pass often and never missed a chance to flip the quarter and eat at one of the two!

Rwc
                            I was just a young kid back then but i always asked to go eat at Channel Inn on my birthdays. Loved that place. I also loved the chilled crab claws!

Comment

Floyd’s made a lot of money from the company I work for. When we had crews down there they ate there a lot! I have been there several times and it has never disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                                My wife has talked about Darrels for 15 years saying it’s the best!!!!
                                Smart woman!

Comment

Working...
                                X