Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate that feature as it is. I say good riddance

Comment

$50 bucks off. Whats that? Like 1/10 %. IM IMPRESSED!!!
      Last edited by Walker; 06-09-2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I glad Toyota doesn’t have that crappy feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will gladly give them the chip out of my truck. I hate the auto start.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Always wondered how the AC works at a long red light with that dumb *** feature...

When AC is running the start/stop is disabled.
            Stupid feature to begin with. How you gonna drag race with the engine not running?

Comment

My HPtuner solved that problem and bumped my horsepower up another 70 ponies and pushed the torque well past 500 on the 6.2 while I still get the same or better mileage. It did cost me a bit more than a measly $50 with the cold air and catback Borlas

Comment

I'd buy a ford before I put up with that. I might even buy a dod....nope. Maybe a Toyota.
                Wife's '19 Highlander has it. Good thing about it is: Lighten up on the brake as soon as you stop and the engine will not shut down. It takes a few seconds to shut down initially. Something to do with how much pressure is on the brake system I suppose. If it shuts off @ stop. you can lighten up on the pedal, car will not move but engine will start back up. Figured that one out cause I hate that feature too.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  When AC is running the start/stop is disabled.
                  Stupid feature to begin with. How you gonna drag race with the engine not running?
                  Not on the wife' Highlander.I have figured out hot to defeat it. see above posts

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    That's a useless feature anyway.
                    Yes, it is, very annoying. On my wife's new Toyota, we figured out how to turn that feature off, it stays off, all the time.

Comment

Three absolutes found in Nature:

The Sun rises in the East
                      Drop something heavy, best move your foot
                      If you are reading these green pages you think Auto Start/Stop is stupid.

Another hate it.

Comment

I keep mine turned off. Stupid feature I prefer not to have.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                          Wife's '19 Highlander has it. Good thing about it is: Lighten up on the brake as soon as you stop and the engine will not shut down. It takes a few seconds to shut down initially. Something to do with how much pressure is on the brake system I suppose. If it shuts off @ stop. you can lighten up on the pedal, car will not move but engine will start back up. Figured that one out cause I hate that feature too.
                          Found out this trick works on my wife’s VW Atlas too.

Comment

I wish my wife’s suburban wouldn’t do that crap..

Comment

Always wondered how the AC works at a long red light with that dumb *** feature...

The evaporator is already cold from when the engine was running. It just blows air over it without running the compressor.

Comment

Working...
                              X