Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Taos Fishing Live Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basschump View Post
    Sorry about the slow reply.

Always used a singe hook. When you find the school, its can be really fun. No need to mess with treble hook.

We fish the Moreno Day Use area for pike. Hike toward the dam/outlet. there are trails from the parking lot. Its a large, long flat. wade to the edge. That area has always been productive for us.

Feel free to PM to me.

Yeah that’s where we’ve been been fishing topwater. Caught a few missed a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great trip and pics, following.

Comment

Taos Fishing Live Trip

If we had more time, we’d hit Eagle Nest for topwater A few more times. Nothing like seeing a pike destroy a jitterbug on glass smooth water.

Thanks for all the comments/advice.

Burnadell,
        I wish I’d gone to the Taos Fly Shop sooner.
        Those guys are awesome.

Brother and I decided to make it a yearly trip. I definitely like this area better than Colorado.

Got a pike this morning. Not the biggest, but a pike. Yes, the stringer is overkill. It’s a saltwater stringer. But it worked. [emoji51]

Last edited by Graysonhogs; 06-15-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          If we had more time, we’d hit Eagle Nest for topwater A few more times. Nothing like seeing a pike destroy a jitterbug on glass smooth water.

Thanks for all the comments/advice.

Burnadell,
          I wish I’d gone to the Taos Fly Shop sooner.
          Those guys are awesome.

Brother and I decided to make it a yearly trip. I definitely like this area better than Colorado.

Got a pike this morning. Not the biggest, but a pike. Yes, the stringer is overkill. It’s a saltwater stringer. But it worked. [emoji51]

What a cool fishing trip, thanks for posting all the pics. Agree 100% but with this edit “Nothing like seeing any fish destroy a jitterbug on glass smooth water.” Glad you got that jitterbug slammed by a pike this trip.

Comment

Glad you got the pike and had a good time! Did you do any good on the Costilla or did you go back to Eagle Nest?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Glad you got the pike and had a good time! Did you do any good on the Costilla or did you go back to Eagle Nest?

Back to Eagle Nest.

Comment

Back in Texas. Was a great trip.

Comment

I think you are also hooked on this type of fishing.

I have some extra gear I am probably going to sell this summer when I get it all sorted out. You maybe interested in a rod and reel or two.

Comment

Hopefully it will be a little cooler when you visit next time.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                      Hopefully it will be a little cooler when you visit next time.

Cooler? It was fantastic. Not sure I broke a sweat. [emoji51]

Comment

I think you are also hooked on this type of fishing.

I have some extra gear I am probably going to sell this summer when I get it all sorted out. You maybe interested in a rod and reel or two.

You are correct. Already getting geared up to fly fish for bass/crappie/bluegill.
                        Let me know if/when you decide to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          Back in Texas. Was a great trip.

Glad you had a fun trip, thanks again for all the pics. Almost like being there in that beautiful COOL country.

Comment

Darnit! We fished with Jeremy a few years ago on a lark and with short notice when our usual guide was not available...the only other time we fished Eagle Nest Lake. I did not catch a single fish, and my friend caught a couple of small yellow perch. We will not use him again.

You should catch some trout on the Costilla, but they won't be large; still fun. Beautiful valley and scenery with the narrow river running through it. Good luck!

We won’t be using either. We will take our kayaks and try our own luck.

Comment

on the lake...is the sonar covered up so you can see there are not any fish under you?

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                                on the lake...is the sonar covered up so you can see there are not any fish under you?

That was my thought. Waste of $. Live and learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X