No announcement yet.

Frio river flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0.89 at the moment right now. Two tenths away from the lowest all time recording.

Comment

Tagged. Wanting to make a lease trip.

Comment

Headed to Camp river view Saturday with the family. Hope there is still water for the kids to play in.

Comment

wow

I have honestly never seen it this bad......pray for rain
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
            I have honestly never seen it this bad......pray for rain
            Any old rancher in the western half of the state will tell you this drought weather reminds them of 2010-11.

And before that 1995.

No runoff rain on our place to fill tanks in several months. Much less make it into the watershed.

Comment

This isn’t good… family vacation on the frio in august

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For those that are going in the coming weeks be careful, I am already hearing of people getting sick from accidentally ingesting the stagnant bacteria-filled water. We were there a couple of weeks ago when the flow was 8 and didn't have problems but now that its below 1 it's gonna get nasty quick.

Comment

Hate to hear that about the Frio. That is some of the best times one can have when the river is floatable. Need some rain in a hurry but it looks like there won't be any for the rest of June

Comment

We are supposed to be going in a little over a month. Not sure if thats still going to happen. If zero water and not filling the pools, then even the pools gonna be too low to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      For those that are going in the coming weeks be careful, I am already hearing of people getting sick from accidentally ingesting the stagnant bacteria-filled water. We were there a couple of weeks ago when the flow was 8 and didn't have problems but now that its below 1 it's gonna get nasty quick.
                      I was about to post the same thing. Water that doesn't flow scares me for that very reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                        Any old rancher in the western half of the state will tell you this drought weather reminds them of 2010-11.

And before that 1995.

No runoff rain on our place to fill tanks in several months. Much less make it into the watershed.

It is a lot like the 2011 drought. I can’t remember the year but it was in the early 80’s when I was a teenager. I remember the folks in charge closed the Frio because of the bad health effects and even death that can come from the bacteria that grows in stagnant waters.

It’s very low right now and not flowing over the dam in the park but it does still have some flow. If you plan on tubing it, plan on walking about 95% of the time.

I feel bad for vacationers but even more so for those whose livelihoods are impacted, farmers and ranchers suffer more than vacationers as well

Lots of empty campsites in most of the campgrounds around.

Comment

We got back today, had a good trip but it’s bad and getting worse out there. Parkview didn’t have us on water restrictions just signs posted to limit showers to 15 minutes but heard from others staying at different parks that we’re having their water cut off at night. We did the water by the park the first evening but it was not moving and felt like bath water so we hopped around and found a few places with cooler/moving water. We all have little ones that of course are going to get water in their mouth intentionally or not so the bacteria was a concern. Nobody has been sick so far though, hopefully we are in the clear.

Comment

Man, that isn’t good at all…. Hoping for a bunch of rain before august.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                              We got back today, had a good trip but it’s bad and getting worse out there. Parkview didn’t have us on water restrictions just signs posted to limit showers to 15 minutes but heard from others staying at different parks that we’re having their water cut off at night. We did the water by the park the first evening but it was not moving and felt like bath water so we hopped around and found a few places with cooler/moving water. We all have little ones that of course are going to get water in their mouth intentionally or not so the bacteria was a concern. Nobody has been sick so far though, hopefully we are in the clear.
                              Screw that, I would be filling my holding tank during the day.

Comment

We went June 10-14. We stay in Leakey at Frio Pecan Farms. They have a private swimming hole on the river and it has a slight flow of water coming in but was obviously low pool level there. Water was nice and cool though. We used the pool at our rental house every day. We went to GSP and it was packed as expected and so was the Quince on the Nueces River over in Camp Wood. There were more people there than we’ve seen combined in 5 years. Guess most of those folks moved over since there is no floating anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X