No announcement yet.

Frio river flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It says Lowe’s it’s ever been since we’ve been going. In the next week I doubt there will be any tube or shuttle companies operating if they haven’t shut down already. Best bet is to just find a deep hole pull up a cooler and plop in a couple chairs. If you’re into fishing bring an ultralight with 1/32 or 1/16 ounce rooster tails or beetle spins and tear up the perch and bass that will be a little more concentrated in deeper areas. I’m a horrible flycaster but where there’s room you can really catch them with slow sinking flies.

Comment

Sit in the river is all you can do....forget the tube.
      Nothing is no worst than walking more than you float.

Comment

Low for tubing but if you know where the swimming holes are you can cool off. Springs are still flowing and I’m still drinking it. Frio and Sabinal both.
        Last edited by Voodoo; 05-31-2022, 10:59 AM.

Comment

7.5 cfs...... thats all walking on every section.....find a swimming hole and cool off

Comment

We are headed that way tomorrow. The river may not be flowing but the cold beer will be! Our plans are to just sit in the river, listen to some good OLD country music, drink some cold beer and let the kids play. It WILL be a blast!!!

Comment

We go the 20th or so. I sure hope something changes. Not sure what the backup plan will be if we can't enjoy the river. We do have a golf game lined up for one day.

Comment

Our family owns a house on the Frio in Concan and just got back Monday. We are right next to Neals and its lower than we have ever seen it. We just sat and listen to music and enjoy cold ones and company. We walked the kids down to Neals swimming hole to jump off the rock. Still better on the Frio than work!1

Comment

Headed to Parkview Sunday for a week. Sounds like alot of sitting and drinking is in store!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    Headed to Parkview Sunday for a week. Sounds like alot of sitting and drinking is in store!

We will be there 2nd week of Aug, never planned to float anyway

Comment

Headed up next week Thursday-Sunday. We stay on the Annandale south of concan that usually has water but is dry now. We will be on the hunt for a water hole a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will say one of the best trips we ever had down there was with low water. Far less people!! But then again that was before travel trailer sales went crazy

Comment

Just got back Friday - didn’t make any attempts at floating, just sat in the river at Comanche Crossing and watched very FEW people walk the river. No flow at all so the sediment is sitting in all of the rocks and is very slick everywhere. We still had a great time, but I don’t think I could not have a good time at the Frio no matter what the water situation is. My favorite spot in Texas!

Comment

I just heard that five of the eight water wells that Concan Water Supply have are not producing. Anyone else heard anything about it?

Comment

Originally posted by sureshot View Post
                              I just heard that five of the eight water wells that Concan Water Supply have are not producing. Anyone else heard anything about it?
                              Have not heard that. We just got home about an hour ago from Neal’s. Got there on Friday. Flow was anywhere from 6-4.5. Just looked and it says 2.5😳. We found good enough water to sit in and drink beer, so it was a success. Wife walked down the river every morning and said it was noticeably lower this morning

Comment

Originally posted by sureshot View Post
                                Saw this same info posted today. Said shutting off water from 10pm-7am every day. No watering and no filling up pools. Doesn’t sound good at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X