A pair of bald eagles kill 54 sheep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
    I know you city folks think it is funny but 54 lambs are grown ewes killed would set you back about 10 to 11k in todays market.

Much more than that pending the breed, and if reg. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Comment

I wouldn’t blame anyone for protecting their animals from attack

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Good. Nobody likes range maggots anyway.

I like mine. [emoji16]

Comment

Looks like I’d be killing some eagles.

Comment

High brass lead #5, and tight lips would fix it....

Comment

Yep!

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              I know you city folks think it is funny but 54 lambs are grown ewes killed would set you back about 10 to 11k in todays market.
              A hunting buddy of mine, also was my family Doctor before I moved, told some experiences with big loses of lambs in Alpine where his family had a big ranch. Per his opinion, major problems with Eagles back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                Looks like I’d be killing some eagles.
                You do realize it’s a federal offense and serious jail time? Not to mention the restitution you would have to pay would far exceed the loss of your wildlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                  You do realize it’s a federal offense and serious jail time? Not to mention the restitution you would have to pay would far exceed the loss of your wildlife.
                  Sure do. Ranchers up in that area that catch them killing sheep and calves kill'em. Don't kid yourself.

Comment

Glorified buzzards.

Comment

I was at our San Saba County Livestock and Wildlife Association meeting a couple of years ago when a local sheep rancher was complaining about the losses to buzzards and eagles. There was a guy from the state there and he told the rancher “I can get you permits to kill buzzards, but when it comes to the eagles, you are on your own”.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                        A hunting buddy of mine, also was my family Doctor before I moved, told some experiences with big loses of lambs in Alpine where his family had a big ranch. Per his opinion, major problems with Eagles back in the day.
                        Eagles will knock big horn lambs off shear cliffs, then feed on them were they fall , so I don’t doubt the story

Comment

Must have been democratic sheep !

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            Glorified buzzards.
                            Pretty much my view of them also.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                              I was at our San Saba County Livestock and Wildlife Association meeting a couple of years ago when a local sheep rancher was complaining about the losses to buzzards and eagles. There was a guy from the state there and he told the rancher “I can get you permits to kill buzzards, but when it comes to the eagles, you are on your own”.

Wait, the rancher was having problems with buzzards killing live healthy sheep?

You sure the Eagles didn’t do it first and the buzzards were there to clean up the mess?

Comment

Working...
                              X