Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    LMAO! You probably right!

I'm about boated out ol son. Bought momma a pontoon for the lake to play in, in May and the new sled in August.

Think those pickles will be ashamed to her caught out of a sled ?
    I ain’t fooled with ditch pickles in over 20 years! But if I was one I’d rather ride in that ocean perch sled than a pontoon boat! My old lady’s been on me for years to get a pontoon boat! I told her just let me know the 3 hours a year you spend on the lake and I’ll rent one! I’m not old enough to own a pontoon boat!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      I ain’t fooled with ditch pickles in over 20 years! But if I was one I’d rather ride in that ocean perch sled than a pontoon boat! My old lady’s been on me for years to get a pontoon boat! I told her just let me know the 3 hours a year you spend on the lake and I’ll rent one! I’m not old enough to own a pontoon boat!!
      Haha!! I can guaran-dam-tee you if we didn't have a place ON the lake there would be no pontoon in my life.... but I've sure enjoyed the hell out of it and so have the girls.

Sure made summer a blast!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven’t hit the salt in so long I have no idea where to look this weekend. Any fish still in the shallows or is everything starting to hit the channels? Will be wade fishing plastics is Aransas pass.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          Haven’t hit the salt in so long I have no idea where to look this weekend. Any fish still in the shallows or is everything starting to hit the channels? Will be wade fishing plastics is Aransas pass.
          There are still plenty of fish on the flats, just go to spots you have caught them in the Fall in the past. If tides are super high fish tight to the shoreline.

Comment

I can tell you fall fishing is in full swing here. It is on bigtime right now. We went from behind schedule to ahead of schedule almost overnight after that first big front. I've been catching a pretty good mix of redfish, trout and big sand trout.

I'd be thinking about fishing the patterns you are use to fishing in mid to late October. The bays are loaded with shrimp and the fish are on them bigtime. Yes there are fish still in the shallows and in deep water too. The water temps are still up in the mid to upper 70's and I have been wading wet on a couple of wade trips in the last week.

I have caught fish everywhere I would expect to find them this time of year. Wading shell, down channel edges, creeks and rivers, over deep shell, etc. My groups have been catching tons of fish for the last week to ten days on any day with decent weather and 95% have been caught on lures. We've done real well on vudu shrimp, little johns and gulp shrimp under Coastal Corks. We've done real well on 5" Bass Assassins on 1/8 to 1/4 oz heads. And we've done real well on small topwaters like Super Spook Jrs and She Pups when I have folks who can work a topwater.

If folks want to get in on some of the really good fall fishing you always hear about now is the time. If anyone wants to go I still have a few weekdays days open this month.

Comment

Thanks guys. I don’t normally get to fish this late in the year but I’ll give it a shot. Tight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be out at Surfside Saturday morning looking for sand trout to sit over. Taking a newby with me...so quantity over quality!

Comment

I used to tear up the reds and drum on the flats in September/October. Drum we’re in big schools and redfish were mixed in with them. Trout usually scatter out but shouldn’t be hard to get a limit. Don’t forget about the flounder. If your lucky enough to catch an outgoing tide bounce a 1/4 ounce soft plastic on the edges of guts adjacent to channels. Or free line live shrimp with the current.
                  Last edited by Muddy Bud; 10-05-2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    Thanks guys. I don’t normally get to fish this late in the year but I’ll give it a shot. Tight lines.

You have been missing out on the best fishing of the year then. Good luck and y'all wear 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      I will be out at Surfside Saturday morning looking for sand trout to sit over. Taking a newby with me...so quantity over quality!
                      Big sand trout, aka gulf trout/white trout, showed up here in big numbers about a week ago. Up to 16"ers. Lots of 14s. They pull good, eat everything in sight and aren't bad eating if you'll eat 'em fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        Big sand trout, aka gulf trout/white trout, showed up here in big numbers about a week ago. Up to 16"ers. Lots of 14s. They pull good, eat everything in sight and aren't bad eating if you'll eat 'em fresh.
                        That sir...is the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                          I can tell you fall fishing is in full swing here. It is on bigtime right now. We went from behind schedule to ahead of schedule almost overnight after that first big front. I've been catching a pretty good mix of redfish, trout and big sand trout.

I'd be thinking about fishing the patterns you are use to fishing in mid to late October. The bays are loaded with shrimp and the fish are on them bigtime. Yes there are fish still in the shallows and in deep water too. The water temps are still up in the mid to upper 70's and I have been wading wet on a couple of wade trips in the last week.

I have caught fish everywhere I would expect to find them this time of year. Wading shell, down channel edges, creeks and rivers, over deep shell, etc. My groups have been catching tons of fish for the last week to ten days on any day with decent weather and 95% have been caught on lures. We've done real well on vudu shrimp, little johns and gulp shrimp under Coastal Corks. We've done real well on 5" Bass Assassins on 1/8 to 1/4 oz heads. And we've done real well on small topwaters like Super Spook Jrs and She Pups when I have folks who can work a topwater.

If folks want to get in on some of the really good fall fishing you always hear about now is the time. If anyone wants to go I still have a few weekdays days open this month.
                          I haven't paddled any of those lakes in a couple years. It's certainly been on my mind the last few days

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a good weekend of fishing weather was great. Fished from 330-sun set Friday caught a good 1 man limit of reds and lost a few nice ones too. Then Saturday we boxed 5 keeper reds and 1 decent trout. Caught fish everywhere we stopped.

All fish were caught wading on various bottom types and using dsl soft plastics.

Time to pack up and get momma to the baby I know she itching to see her lol.

Comment

Comment

Congrats Chris! Way to stretch some line!

Comment

Working...
                                X