No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sure right. I put her in Tbend and them glitter boats were like what the **** is that!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      You sure right. I put her in Tbend and them glitter boats were like what the **** is that!

I got those same looks over 30 years ago when I put my Bayhawk CC in Fayette County Lake😄

Comment

Yall should see the looks when you're pulling skiers behind a Boatright.

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Yall should see the looks when you're pulling skiers behind a Boatright.

I can only imagine. The Flat bill bros on Conroe give me some funny looks from their wake boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
            Poked our limits fairly quickly once we found the fish. Biggest went over 22".

Nice!

[emoji23] I bet that’s right !

Comment

Anyone ever frequent Offatts Bayou? I usually avoid Galveston like the plague but want to start taking my son out with me more, and my normal fall/winter stomping grounds in Freeport are just not safe (in my opinion) with my 6 year old in the boat because of the close barge traffic. Is Fat Boys the best place to put in at to get there? How is the anchoring situation?
              Just looking for a deep hole to sit over with dead bait and spend some father/son time while waiting for a rod to double over. Thanks in advance for any helpful info on the area.
              By the way I am aware it is off limits when it dips in the 30's.

Comment

I'd run down to Chocolate Man. Not that much farther and you can leave the Galveston rift raft behind.

It's a great little bay system and Bayou with several holes to sit over when the temps drop, plus winter traffic will be minimal. Also take a look at New Bayou and that drainage system. Redfish and Flounder heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Anyone ever frequent Offatts Bayou? I usually avoid Galveston like the plague but want to start taking my son out with me more, and my normal fall/winter stomping grounds in Freeport are just not safe (in my opinion) with my 6 year old in the boat because of the close barge traffic. Is Fat Boys the best place to put in at to get there? How is the anchoring situation?
                  Just looking for a deep hole to sit over with dead bait and spend some father/son time while waiting for a rod to double over. Thanks in advance for any helpful info on the area.
                  By the way I am aware it is off limits when it dips in the 30's.

If you feel like making the drive to Gorda I got some perfect fall/winter spots for you and your son.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    If you feel like making the drive to Gorda I got some perfect fall/winter spots for you and your son.

Awesome gesture Phillip

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post

You’re a good man bro

Comment

Thank you very much Phiilip!

Comment

Don't forget the beach front in the winter. Dead shrimp with a 1/2 to 1 oz weight into the first or second gut will get you all the whiting and sand trout you can stand. My grandkids always loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                            Poked our limits fairly quickly once we found the fish. Biggest went over 22".
                            I’d love to do that sometime! If you ever wanna trade out for a guided crappie trip sometime let me know!

Comment

Them cats are thinking look at this lost fool!!

We see those rigs on Fork some. Always chasing trophy ditch pickles. I bet that flat hull is hell to get off stumps. You just need to buy another boat and have a salt and freshwater rig! Tell you old lady Slew said it was cool. If you start looking now you might only get stood up once or twice and have your rig in a year or two!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                Them cats are thinking look at this lost fool!!

We see those rigs on Fork some. Always chasing trophy ditch pickles. I bet that flat hull is hell to get off stumps. You just need to buy another boat and have a salt and freshwater rig! Tell you old lady Slew said it was cool. If you start looking now you might only get stood up once or twice and have your rig in a year or two!!
                                LMAO! You probably right!

I'm about boated out ol son. Bought momma a pontoon for the lake to play in, in May and the new sled in August.

Think those pickles will be ashamed to her caught out of a sled ?

Comment

Working...
                                X