2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    Jumping out of a perfectly good boat!! Saltwater does something to y’all’s brains!
    Ocean perch ain't as dumb as crappy. You need more stealthyness.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Ocean perch ain't as dumb as crappy. You need more stealthyness.

Too bad they don’t taste like crappie’

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Too bad they don’t taste like crappie’
        Thank god!

Comment

Pretty solid snapper trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice snapper!

Any Galveston reports? Going to be down next weekend

Comment

Didn’t catch any fish this weekend. Unfortunately we weren’t able to make it to the surf and went to east bay instead. Couldn’t get any live shrimp but still have a good time and the kids enjoyed the beach as usual. My wife took this picture Saturday morning.

Comment

Man the water holes around me are all on fire right now. Trinity/east galv/sabine/ the surf, and I'm in the middle of an add-on that has to be finished by mid sept. To top it off, I've now got the Rona. Guess I'll just have to enjoy pics from y'all and my buddies. I need some fishing therapy.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Didn’t catch any fish this weekend. Unfortunately we weren’t able to make it to the surf and went to east bay instead. Couldn’t get any live shrimp but still have a good time and the kids enjoyed the beach as usual. My wife took this picture Saturday morning.
                  The redfish have been eating gulps better than shrimp anyway. Gotta make long drifts and be patient, they are scattered all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                    The redfish have been eating gulps better than shrimp anyway. Gotta make long drifts and be patient, they are scattered all over the place.

I caught one red on a gulp drifting the tripod and the had a guide pull up 40 yards from me to drift. I thought the weekend warrior were supposed to do the pot licking???

He drifted so close at one point I could understand their conversation and he had to put it in reverse and back up to keep from hitting my boat. 24 haynie cat with 350 or 400 verado.

Comment

Any particular color? Last Sunday we caught a few reds on DSL TX Roach and Plumtruese, only caught one trout.

Comment

I caught one red on a gulp drifting the tripod and the had a guide pull up 40 yards from me to drift. I thought the weekend warrior were supposed to do the pot licking???

He drifted so close at one point I could understand their conversation and he had to put it in reverse and back up to keep from hitting my boat. 24 haynie cat with 350 or 400 verado.

300 Pro XS maybe? Grey and black? I don't know any guides out of Matagorda with a 24 cat with a Verado. Two of them just popped up with new 24 cats with 300 Pro XSs on them.

Comment

300 Pro XS maybe? Grey and black? I don't know any guides out of Matagorda with a 24 cat with a Verado. Two of them just popped up with new 24 cats with 300 Pro XSs on them.

Grey and black yes.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            Any particular color? Last Sunday we caught a few reds on DSL TX Roach and Plumtruese, only caught one trout.
                            When I throw gulps it is usually white/chart tail. We have been catching them really well on that. Also some on purple/chart when it is really, really sandy. And when it has been clearer I have done well on new penny/chart too. But mainly white/chart. On 1/16 oz jigheads about 3-4' deep under a Coastal Cork.

I've also done pretty well lately on plum/chart Bass Assassins on 1/8 oz heads.

Comment

Grey and black yes.

Yep, sounds about right.

Comment

Yep, sounds about right.

I guess he thought I was a guide, I had Erin and the kids with me. I don’t know, but I found it to be very rude.

Comment

Working...
                                X