2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josh W View Post
    Had a good time yesterday fishing the POC Friday evening tourney…. Big red went 8.61 lbs
    Mo money, mo money! Congrats on the 1st place finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Took advantage of all the overtime being banked and took off today. Matty harbor looked like a buccees parking lot. Ran west and slid up in some back lakes Mexico talked about. Boats galore but no body ready to work.

Found a bunch of 19" reds and some dink trout. My son managed a big red that pushed past 29 1/2" like a
      Also saw the ending of a bad day
      Nobody around the boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Nobody around the boat?
        Nope. Empty at 0700 and 1630. It was further in the water in the afternoon by far. The cooler had floated out of the rack that afternoon.

I'm guess some sort of hull issues. It was listing hard to one side and imo if the plug had been left out, why not plug it and see if the pumps would drain it? Just my swag'

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope. Empty at 0700 and 1630. It was further in the water in the afternoon by far. The cooler had floated out of the rack that afternoon.

I'm guess some sort of hull issues. It was listing hard to one side and imo if the plug had been left out, why not plug it and see if the pumps would drain it? Just my swag'

You can run a lot of water out of a boat without the plugs in.

Comment

That's a bad day right there.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              Assuming you can get to them and back at the controls quick enough

Comment

Technically it's fishing.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  Twice now I've unplugged a boat while running. It's a crazy feeling and the look on the passengers' faces makes for great stories down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Technically it's fishing.
                    Still waiting on that invite

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Assuming you can get to them and back at the controls quick enough

On my FlatsCat that Blackfinturkeyslayer now owns, it had 4 total brass screw in plugs. Two bottom ones directly into the hull, and two top for the back boxes. To my knowledge FlatsCats do not have bilge pumps or the option to add one. In order to access the hull you would have to pull the deck off.

Would like to know the story on it though. Hopefully the occupants are ok and not missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                        Still waiting on that invite
                        Dood! It would have been the perfect time too, we had 18 people out there and the boil went off perfectly after taking apart the propane burner and cleaning it out real well. We'll do it again soon with a much smaller crowd and I'll be sure to give you a heads up with some notice. We cleaned and processed 60 crab for Saturday night and released another 40 keepers. The ladies and kids kept the traps fresh on bait and collected regularly all weekend and culled the smalls and sponge's and the guys mostly fished. The TPWD survey guy looked like he wanted to quit and walk off the job when we started unloading coolers Sunday. It was HOT at the ramp and we lined up a bunch of coolers for him to do his thing. My sister's cooler had 31 fresh crab from Sunday morning on top of all the fish so he got to pick through the angry little things to unload the fish to count and measure. I feel bad for those guys, tough job and everybody's always rude to them. Of course I hit him with the "in the water" thing and he had all the amusement of a 200 year old tortoise after surely hearing that line ten thousand times that weekend.

Comment

You Sir, are truly living the Dream!

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                            On my FlatsCat that Blackfinturkeyslayer now owns, it had 4 total brass screw in plugs. Two bottom ones directly into the hull, and two top for the back boxes. To my knowledge FlatsCats do not have bilge pumps or the option to add one. In order to access the hull you would have to pull the deck off.

Would like to know the story on it though. Hopefully the occupants are ok and not missing.

I can tell you on the older Flats Cats some of them cracked down the tunnel and that is the result you'd see. A good friend of mine has one, probably about a 94 model, and that happened to it. He made it back to the ramp but his hull filled up with water. Boat was totaled by insurance. He bought it back from his insurance company and had the hull rebuilt by Bill Allison and they added at least one additional cross member which is how the newer ones are built.

Comment

Had a first for me yesterday morning. Caught a bonnet head on a dsl; fought like hell on my Waterloo. That was the last thing I would have ever guessed it was when I was chasing him all around the boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                                I can tell you on the older Flats Cats some of them cracked down the tunnel and that is the result you'd see. A good friend of mine has one, probably about a 94 model, and that happened to it. He made it back to the ramp but his hull filled up with water. Boat was totaled by insurance. He bought it back from his insurance company and had the hull rebuilt by Bill Allison and they added at least one additional cross member which is how the newer ones are built.

Correct! Mine was a 2002, which from my research was after they had the hull issue. Plus in 2018 or so when I bought it, I figured it would have already cracked if it was going to!

Comment

Working...
                                X