Help Me Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me Out

I need to hire a hand to work at our place in Tyler County. Duties would include basic farm/ranch work such as mowing, clearing and grubbing, fence line maintenance, weed spraying, filling feeders, trapping hogs, anything else that needs done. etc. They’d be self managed.

What is a fair salary for a person performing these duties? Considering salary, 2wks paid vacation, performance bonuses, hog hunting permission and possibly a deer or two per year....what’s that salary look like?

Thanks,

Curt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man my I hope my son don't see this Curt! Lol

Comment

Help Me Out

Smooooth One Fiddy. Make it 5 weeks PTO and I’m your man. [emoji846]

Id think somewhere around 35-40 maybe??

Comment

How many 2 week vacations would I get?

Hell, with what I could make selling my house right now, let me ask my wife how her fencing skills are.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          I need to hire a hand to work at our place in Tyler County. Duties would include basic farm/ranch work such as mowing, clearing and grubbing, fence line maintenance, weed spraying, filling feeders, trapping hogs, anything else that needs done. etc. They’d be self managed.

What is a fair salary for a person performing these duties? Considering salary, 2wks paid vacation, performance bonuses, hog hunting permission and possibly a deer or two per year....what’s that salary look like?

Thanks,

Curt

$50K in Salary would be fair IMO with the other added bonuses you included...but to be honest, I feel like you'll have a hard time finding a guy to do that kinda work on a salary... once they start calculating their $/hr after working 12-14 hour days, most guys will drag up on you

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
            $50K in Salary would be fair IMO with the other added bonuses you included...but to be honest, I feel like you'll have a hard time finding a guy to do that kinda work on a salary... once they start calculating their $/hr after working 12-14 hour days, most guys will drag up on you

8-10hr days at most M-F

Comment

If I was retired already I'd take it. Still 2 1/2 years from retirement

Comment

My wife said she will put in her resignation lol. She don't make $50,000 salary now and has over 100 clients as as customer service rep!

Comment

Jeeeeez what world do we live in that this is a job for 50k. I do that a lot of weekends for free. I'd say 35 tops!

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
                    Jeeeeez what world do we live in that this is a job for 50k. I do that a lot of weekends for free. I'd say 35 tops!

It ain’t a $50k job. At least I ain’t paying that.[emoji6]

Comment

I pay my good, trusted, self directed ranch hands $15 per hour.

I would start there.

I have hired about 40 part time helpers over the last 30 years. About 6 were good workers.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        It ain’t a $50k job. At least I ain’t paying that.[emoji6]

Gonna be hard finding someone to do that job for $25 or less.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm seriously thinking about applying as long as the grubbing is with a tractor or dozer and not a grubbing hoe! JK! Good luck with the hire.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
                            I hate to tell ya but $50k gross doesn't go very far in today's time, especially doing 45-50 hours a week. What is that, like $36,000/year net? I've worked at multiple different ranches doing this exact thing and it was standard back then to be at $125/day. The dollar ain't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                              Gonna be hard finding someone to do that job for $25 or less.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I’m willing to pay more than 25 dollars.[emoji6][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                              X