Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    When confronted with a dilemma, I ask my self "What would Jesus do?"

Before my Dad's death last Sept, he said unto our pastor who came to visit, "What ever happens, let it be for the glory of God".

I have found that sometimes in life, what seems like a burden, or inconvenience, or tragedy, can be a blessing that we may not see at the present. I've encountered many burdens and tragedies in life, as I'm sure many of you have. But, when I look back now, and when I see someone else suffering from some of those or similar burdens, I can see why I had the experiences I did. So I try to stand at the ready to help. Life here, as you know, is a learning experience. Both through grief and happiness.

Someone's death is sad thing for those who are left behind. And sad for the non-believers. But is also a joyous celebration for those (believers) who are received into the afterlife.

Let all glory be given unto Him for all things great and small.
    Praise God your story about dad touched me.

In 2011 my 76 year old mother had been in and out of the hospital in Kingwood
    I so remember the day that her dr called and said Mr Kato when can I meet with you, I told him I could be there by 5:00 he said that would work for him.
    I arrived and he set me in a office and said your mothers colon has stopped working and with her congestive heart she is to weak for surgery.
    At the time I had a skin cancer cut off the top of my head.. the hole was big enough to stack 3 quarters in. I was going thru a divorce from a marriage I had tore up and tried to repair. ( I was Reborn in Aug 03 )
    I cried man!!
    And prayed then headed to momma room and got straight to the point( God gave me the strength and words )
    Momma said your late today and I said momma I met with the drs and they have informed me that I need to take you home and make you comfortable.
    They will be calling hospice in..
    I said momma you know your boy has changed there is not a doubt about it.
    She answered and said yes I know and I’m so proud of you..
    I said mother this is where the rubber meets the rode..
    If you closed your eyes for the last time here on earth do you know what you would see when you opened them for the first time??
    Mom it would be Heaven or Hell there is no middle ground. ( at this time the Holy Spirit was moving )
    Moms answer was I’m not for sure Bill I’ve done some things in my life I’m not proud of!!
    I asked mother if she would like to change that answer. I explained that a truly saved person has the peace and understanding that when they leave this cruel earth that there next sight would be heaven..
    I asked her to pray with me and when she got to the point of asking Jesus into her heart to cleanse it she immediately broke down crying and said oh Bill it’s so warm in my heart.. I told her momma that’s the Seed of Jesus..
    we spent the evening reminiscing on life and reading scriptures
    I took mother home the next day and moved in with her..
    With the help of friends and neighbors I was able to keep working and be with here every evening and night, morning times the neighbor would set with her until I got home..
    Seven days later my I crawled in bed with mother after giving her hospice meds
    And held her and she said I’m tired and I sad momma it’s ok to go and to see Charlie dad and Rosie, that was the last words we spoke she went into a coma and lasted 5 more days.
    My mother went to be with Jesus.

Texas Grown you triggered something in me I learned early in ministry
    ( Without Suffering there would be no compassion ) if you haven’t been through it how you know how a person feels!
    God uses Broken people like us to help Broken people.
    Be blessed my friend

Comment

Good stuff here

Comment

Working...
      X