Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Jarrell Tornado 24 years later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember that day and the aftermath. I had just finished highschool and was 3 weeks from shipping out to bootcamp.

Comment

I can't believe it was 24 years. I had literally just started working at Dell which was out in the cow fields at the time. We all went down into the RR1 Cafeteria which is somewhat underground.

Comment

I went to Dallas probably a couple after that tornado hit. I went through Jarrell. It was hard to believe the damage. There was no grass left in the yards, no trees, pavement ripped up. I never would have imagined a tornado could do what that one did. The ground was soaked everywhere, there was mud everywhere, no grass, no nothing that would have been in the yards. I almost want to say that some of the slabs were sucked up out of the ground.

I have seen all types of stuff over the years, but seeing the neighborhood I drove through was very saddening, seeing what all was not there, where a neighborhood used to be.

Comment

Working...
        X