No announcement yet.

RV or Mobile Home Park Investors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone wants to open one in Collin county, I’ll be your park host/handyman!

Comment

Not sure this would help, but I learned something when building on my property. I was told one septic tank per deed. If split out into phases, with each phase having its own deed, then it might help with the septic issue. IDK for sure just a thought.

Comment

May be a dumb question but why are they all filling up?

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
          It's one of few affordable options left. Entry level houses in dfw are $300k.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Been filling/filled since oil prices went south and property taxes/values increasing and people selling. Many transient oil people have no desire to live in the west texas dirt where there isnt work. The park build boom started out west and south where amd when oil work was plentiful. The west boom retracted and moved east several years ago. It feels like a bit of a bubble IMO.

Its been this way since before Trump was elected. I feel it is an indicator of a down turn economy with a class of people wanting the low cost housing and freedom of immediate mobility.

In college I bought a 8x20 trailer for $2k. I moved out of renting a stick built home and moved into a park. From the savings, the trailer paid for itself within 4-6 months. I sold it for 1500 a several years later.
            Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-26-2021, 10:48 AM. Reason: BubbleRetractSpake

Comment

I also think texas property tax is driving some people to move into RV living. Not how I want to live but camper note and rv spot rent is cheaper than a lot of people's property tax alone.

Comment

I see most parks around here fill up quickly. Most are really nice fifth-wheel and motor coaches.

I think many more people are selling their home and living on the road, working local jobs like pipeline workers, some are in between selling/buying their home. It's not the RV parks of old. I might be in that group someday soon.

Comment

I have four under construction right now and another starting next month. I don’t own these, they’re multi-million dollars construction projects though. One is near Houston Medical Center, one in Alvin, two in Montgomery County and on in MontCo very near Lake Conroe. If they weren’t money makers, the biggest developer In Montgomery County and fastest growing development company in the state would be playing in that market. A guy with several million sf of commercial lease space getting into RV Parks told me all I needed to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    I have four under construction right now and another starting next month. I don’t own these, they’re multi-million dollars construction projects though. One is near Houston Medical Center, one in Alvin, two in Montgomery County and on in MontCo very near Lake Conroe. If they weren’t money makers, the biggest developer In Montgomery County and fastest growing development company in the state would be playing in that market. A guy with several million sf of commercial lease space getting into RV Parks told me all I needed to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Sounds like we need to get some going ourselves. I’m game if you are!

Comment

A guy I know here in BCS built one and kept it 10 years then sold it just before it needed work

Micheal

Comment

With property taxes I understand living mobile. I think campers may be the next tax hit. Who knows. My saving on taxes would pay for a Camper within 4 to5 years.

Comment

The unicorn in this space is a MHP where tenants own the homes and you collect the rent for the slips. Those homeowners will do whatever it takes to pay that rent every month. The alternative is losing their home. Once it is on the slab, it’s very difficult and expensive to move so unlike an RV, they can’t slip out in the middle of the night. Like all real estate investments, there are different classes of parks. Some of the lesser class parks come with A LOT of drug use and crime. BOL.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBevo View Post
                            The unicorn in this space is a MHP where tenants own the homes and you collect the rent for the slips. Those homeowners will do whatever it takes to pay that rent every month. The alternative is losing their home. Once it is on the slab, it’s very difficult and expensive to move so unlike an RV, they can’t slip out in the middle of the night. Like all real estate investments, there are different classes of parks. Some of the lesser class parks come with A LOT of drug use and crime. BOL.

This is where I’m strongly leaning. Mobile home slots for rent. Less maintenance... but more bad neighborhood potentials.

Comment

Did you end up starting the park?

Comment

I built one about a year and half ago. Did the majority myself. Location is key. We have been full and have a waiting list. Only lease to long term tenants. Ours is located on Lake Sam Rayburn. Funny thing is there are a few close bye, newly built, without lake access and are right on the highway. They have very few tenants. I would do it again in a heart beat. This will supplement my retirement from the FD. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                                X