Shell Deer Park Refinery Sold to Pemex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shell Deer Park Refinery Sold to Pemex

Got the news today that the refinery at Shell Deer Park was sold to Pemex. I was a seasoned hire 15 yrs ago and had hope's of finishing my career with Shell. Will find out in the coming days who will go with what company. Please keep all my co-workers that will be affected in your prayers. Shell has been a major influence in Deer Park for over 95yrs.

Dang! We are doing a bunch of thermocouple work for Shell Deer Park right now. Hope and pray all works out well

Comment

Dang, never saw that coming. Good luck to all.

Comment

We’ll be seeing more of the majors divesting their carbon producing assets to reduce their carbon foot print. Shame they sold it.

Comment

Glad I left Feb of 19.

European Dutch owned Shell going green.

I loved a comment made by an Exxon VP to a senator who was reaming him during a hearing due to rising gas prices years ago.

Senator “Why aren’t you looking at wind and solar?”

Exxon VP “Because we’re an oil company.”

Comment

What I saw was 50% not the whole thing. Either way there is lots of changes when new-co comes in.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
              What I saw was 50% not the whole thing. Either way there is lots of changes when new-co comes in.

Shell owned 50.5%. Pemex was minority partner and has bought 100% interest in the refinery.

Comment

Pretty sure the chem side stayed with Shell. Stankydena about to get stankier. State owned Pemex is not EPA friendly

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                  Shell owned 50.5%. Pemex was minority partner and has bought 100% interest in the refinery.
                  Good to know. Thanks
                  Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Pretty sure the chem side stayed with Shell. Stankydena about to get stankier. State owned Pemex is not EPA friendly
                  Yep lol

Comment

I work on the Refinery side, no one saw this coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoastin View Post
                      I work on the Refinery side, no one saw this coming.
                      I thought it was pretty well known that Shell was trying to unload refining, keep chem facilities, and go renewable along with other euro companies?

Comment

We are still waiting to hear where we will land....

Comment

They wouldn't just keep everyone where they are and change the name?

I figured if they just bought that facility unless they plan to close it that they would just change the name and everyone would now work for Pemex (which I know nothing about)

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
                            They wouldn't just keep everyone where they are and change the name?

I figured if they just bought that facility unless they plan to close it that they would just change the name and everyone would now work for Pemex (which I know nothing about)
                            If they are like other refineries the salary folks go where they tell them to go or else.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              I thought it was pretty well known that Shell was trying to unload refining, keep chem facilities, and go renewable along with other euro companies?
                              Yes it is. I was referring to Pemex buying out Shells half of the joint venture. From what myself and others could see we thought it was going to be the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                              X