Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Pellet grill smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes these better than say the Pit Boss brand of pellets at $15 for 40 lbs? Honest question, as I use the Pit Boss brand.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      What makes these so special?
      No filler wood or oil added.

Comment

Normally we sell for 29.95 for the perfect mix

For you guys on TBH I can sell for 23.95 a bag.
        We also have Hickory, Apple mash, and the new Longhorn blend. Those are $2-$3 more per bag. the perfect mix is my favorite.

You can look up my address on Cookin Pellets website, we are the only dealer in Houston or I can PM it to you.
        Thanks!

Comment

I get the B & B Championship Blend from Academy. They sell 40-pound bags for $14.99, and the pellets been really good so far.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/b-b...let-grill-fuel

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo96 View Post
            I get the B & B Championship Blend from Academy. They sell 40-pound bags for $14.99, and the pellets been really good so far.

Yessir...been pretty happy with B&B. Last bag was Post Oak from HEB.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
              What makes these better than say the Pit Boss brand of pellets at $15 for 40 lbs? Honest question, as I use the Pit Boss brand.

If you are happy with the Pit Boss pellets you’ll be blown away with a pellet like Lumberjack, Bear Mountain or to a lesser extent B&B.

May cheaper pellets use kiln dried sawdust as a filler along with binding agents. The all natural pellets like Lumberjack are pure wood including the bark which produces more smoke and have no fillers or binding agents.

The first bag of pellets I used were Pit Boss and IMO they were terrible. I have a very expensive Pitts & Spitts pellet grill and after the first cook using Pit Boss pellets I was ******. Almost no smoke and little wood flavor. After trying Lumberjack pellets at the advice of a local grill store I quickly realized there is a difference, and a very noticeable one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My favorite so far as well! Best prices I've seen have been at Academy and Buc-ees.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Yessir...been pretty happy with B&B. Last bag was Post Oak from HEB.
                  I've been wanting to try the post oak. Did you like em better than the champ blend?

Comment

Tag

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                      My favorite so far as well! Best prices I've seen have been at Academy and Buc-ees.

Same here

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
                        Normally we sell for 29.95 for the perfect mix

For you guys on TBH I can sell for 23.95 a bag.
                        We also have Hickory, Apple mash, and the new Longhorn blend. Those are $2-$3 more per bag. the perfect mix is my favorite.

You can look up my address on Cookin Pellets website, we are the only dealer in Houston or I can PM it to you.
                        Thanks!
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                          I've been wanting to try the post oak. Did you like em better than the champ blend?

If you use a higher quality post oak you will be shocked at the difference vs a comp blend...

Do not use post oak on your redfish... trust me! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                            If you use a higher quality post oak you will be shocked at the difference vs a comp blend...

Do not use post oak on your redfish... trust me! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Which one did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                              I may have to check em out, I buy Bear Mountain and just ordered 40 pounds today.
                              Tractor Supply has been carrying these for 9.99 for a 20lb bag. Better than their websites price unless you are doing their BOGO deal.

Comment

^^^All I’ve been running in my hopper for around a year now and I haven’t found anything yet it doesn’t work on.

For pork and poultry, I’ll add an Amazen smoke tube with applewood pellets but the Championship blend is used for the hopper. They are a bit on the dusty side but I keep a shop vac in the garage specifically for the grill and clean it before each use so I haven’t had any issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X