No announcement yet.

Land prices going nuts in North Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm now looking at my place as part of my early retirement. We shall see if it keeps going up at it current rate. If so my 10 year plan is a 5 year plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      Dang millennials and their non-traditional loans for conversation easements. Way too much talking going on in the woods.
      Uh-huh !

Comment

Yikes... is all I got...
        Last edited by czechgrubworm; 05-25-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Land prices are crazy, but if you sell out in some of these liberal states where they have been even crazier for years, then you get to come to Texas and start screwing up our prices and even better (for them), our politics. It’s enough to make a person puke.....

Comment

Prices going up everywhere. Realtors can't even get enough listings to keep up. If it is decent, sold quick. TXDOT guy that did my permit for tin horn in Young county told me he is busy. Lots of out of state buyers. Place down the road we had looked at sold to a realtor & in less than a month he split it & made money.

Comment

Yes.. been looking for the last 3-4 months and told wife we need to calm down and not let emotions rush into this buying frenzy. I suspect this will settle down over the next two years.

Comment

It really is a shame for the younger first time home buyer without equity or cash.

Comment

its smart for the guys building apartments to rent. They lso buy the land and houses to turn around and rent them or turn a profit. So mak money on the people that have to rent due to price and make money on the overpriced houses and housing rent. Win win win for the big guys

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                  It really is a shame for the younger first time home buyer without equity or cash.

Comment

I'm actually going to reach out to the auction company for a consult. May be time to cash in and go.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                      I'm actually going to reach out to the auction company for a consult. May be time to cash in and go.
                      I don't blame you man.

5 acre raw land in pottsboro is $249,000

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                        I don't blame you man.

5 acre raw land in pottsboro is $249,000

What ??? Whitesboro was just $40k per acre not $50

Comment

What ??? Whitesboro was just $40k per acre not $50
                          Grayson county appraised it at $60k. It's on realtor for $249k. Two 5 acre tracts and one is pending at that list price.

Comment

I paid 149K for my 75 acres on Lake Eufaula 2 years ago. I was offered 1.5M 2 weeks ago from a developer. I did not sell. I could not find anything that I liked better for the 1.5M if I 1031 it. No way I am paying those kinds of gains.

Comment

I sold that 40 acres I on 377 for 280K 2 years ago. I made 100K on off it over the year I had it. Same place just sold for 450K!

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                                A family friend put his 450 acres in Fort Bend on the market a couple years ago. In a couple weeks he will close and he sold it for $5.00 a Square foot. It will be commercial eventually.

For those that don’t know. There is 43,560 square feet in an acre.
                                So he dang near cleared $100,000,000???

Comment

Working...
                                X