New Truck Shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
    The chips that are in shortage come from the lone manufacturer in Taiwan. China only wishes they had that technology.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    ^^^this

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
      They don't have any computers in them... how would they have parked them? Wouldn't they have been towed to those lots?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
      I assume they have a few computers that get swapped out to test them, then drive them to the lot, then they pull the computer or chip to use on the next one.

Comment

I bought a Jeep this past weekend. There was only 15 new ones to choose from on the whole lot. We had to settle for one that had a higher end package than we wanted. Payed sticker minus $500 for LE discount. I didn't have any desire to negotiate or play the back and forth game. I just wanted in and out.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          I bought a Jeep this past weekend. There was only 15 new ones to choose from on the whole lot. We had to settle for one that had a higher end package than we wanted. Payed sticker minus $500 for LE discount. I didn't have any desire to negotiate or play the back and forth game. I just wanted in and out.
          No way I would trade until this BS is over. With inventory being at record lows, dealers are hitting a home run on every deal or they are not letting it leave the lot. They have to make every deal count. I`ve even heard where people were paying above sticker, just to get what they wanted.

Last edited by tpack; 05-24-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I just ordered a 2022 f250 and got it at invoice price. Also got 12.5k more for my current truck than a year ago when I was looking

Comment

I'm not going to be interested in buying until December. So i hope the situation is better by then.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                I just ordered a 2022 f250 and got it at invoice price. Also got 12.5k more for my current truck than a year ago when I was looking
                Any talk of when you may get it?

Comment

I had my wife's Lexus in at our Toyota dealer this morning for an oil change.

While waiting for it I struck up a conversation with a couple of the sales people. They told me every new vehicle being sold by them right now is pre-sold before it hits their lot.

They had just a few new vehicles even on the lot and not many more used o es and they are all priced at a premium.

They tried to sell me on trading my wife's GX460 in on something else. Told me we would get top dollar for it.. I just laughed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Any talk of when you may get it?
                    Supposed to get it in 4-6 wks

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                      Supposed to get it in 4-6 wks
                      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                        No way I would trade until this BS is over. With inventory being at record lows, dealers are hitting a home run on every deal or they are not letting it leave the lot. They have to make every deal count. I`ve even heard where people were paying above sticker, just to get what they wanted.

https://youtu.be/IBIgfbIfpQs
                        I feel the same way about not doing anything until the lots are stocked again but this shortage has to be hurting dealers big time. Would you rather make $1,000 over sticker on 30 vehicles a month or have inventory and be able to sell 250 vehicles per month. With no stock those guys have to be suffering.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Thanks!
                          I am not sold it will happen like that but guess we will see.

Comment

I just ordered a new 2022 F350 from Bill Fick in Huntsville and they told me I should have it in August. Gave me $5K off of sticker.

I just sold my 2018 with 85,000 miles on it for the same amount I paid for it 3 years ago. Great time to sell if you have some means of transportation before the new one gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Bailouts a coming....
                              This

Comment

Mechanically I wouldn't worry about it. I'd be worried about the hit my wallet would take in this market. Maybe when the chip shortage is over, and all the stimulus money stops, it will be a buyers market.

Comment

Working...
                                X