• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
    2021 or 2022?

Sorry 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Without trucks, America stops!

I have spent my entire 35 year career in the trucking industry. Both trucking and trucking technology.

I have nothing but complete respect and admiration for true professional driver!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Owned a few over the years. Had mostly good drivers. It just takes a few bad drivers for people to hate them all. Same thing with about every industry in the good old USA!

Comment

Every day we reply on truck drivers... Like most, we couldn't do it without them!

Thank you to all of America's truck drivers for your hard work and dedication to keep this country moving!

Comment

My step dad and father in-law are both truck drivers. I couldn't do what they do. Another thanks to the guys behind the big wheel!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              now get out of the left lane !
              Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                This thread made me wonder. Do yall have any kind of schedule? Is pay by the mile, hour or salary?
                In most cases it pays by the mile but I’ve had a LTL job that payed both mileage and hourly and a job hauling drip that paid hourly.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                  This thread made me wonder. Do yall have any kind of schedule? Is pay by the mile, hour or salary?
                  This is off topic. I'm attempting to answer the question as asked

Schedule: Yes We Work 24/7.
                  Longest I've been on the road, away from home. 6 mo's sleeping in my truck and eating in truck stops.

Most of the drivers I talk to daily now there "weekend" is 34 hrs consecutive off duty. Could be any 34 hours. That resets their 70 hour/ week work clock as set by the FMCSA.
                  Now here's the kicker on that. You park the truck and the 34 hour clock starts counting down. You have a 2 hr drive home, and a 2 hr drive back to the truck, you're down to 30 hours home time. But wait there's more. You may have to get your gear in the truck and have it pretripped and hooked up and ready to leave out by the time your 34 is up so you could loose another hour of home time now your "Weekend" is only 29 hrs.

I've been in trucking since 2/1994
                  I've been paid Salary, Salary + Stop, Hourly, Mileage, Percentage & Percentage after expenses.

I'll expound.
                  Salary I got paid $150/ day
                  Salary + stop, $80/day + $15 stop
                  Hourly is self explanatory
                  Mileage I got .xx¢/mile or some companies .15¢/mile when empty or bobtail than .35¢/mile when loaded
                  Percentage I made 30% of what the truck made.
                  Percentage after expenses. So to figure this out could be tricky.
                  I believe these numbers to be accurate as best I can remember.
                  Fixed Expenses: $935
                  -$650/week for truck payment
                  -$150/ week truck insurance
                  - $100 fuel/road use tax (est)
                  - $ 20/ week Transflo
                  - $ 15/ week Log Audit

Variable Expenses: $1464
                  Fuel @ the $2500 income you'd expect run about 2800 miles. Only get paid when loaded.
                  2800/6 mpg= 467 gallons on Diesel
                  467 gallons & $3/gallon = $1400
                  Tolls. Most weeks was $0 some was $600 ( 2 trips into NYC) We'll use $20/wk to avg it out
                  $10 CAT Scale ticket let's say 4/week & 1 reweigh @ $1 = $44

Income:
                  Varies from week to week
                  So let's figure out what you'll make
                  $2400 income
                  -$ 935 Fixed Expenses
                  -&1464 Variable Expenses
                  = $1
                  So the profit for the week is $1
                  You get 50% of that so in this example you'd make . 50¢

I've had several weeks like that, I've had weeks in the red where I didn't get paid.
                  I've also had weeks where the truck made $6,000 and only went 2,000 miles so the income was high and Variable expenses was moderate.

I know this is LONG READ. Long haul Trucking's an *** kicker for a family.
                  Last edited by Pushbutton2; 05-20-2021, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X