Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

born and raised in taylor
    i can answer any and all questions
    as with any town it has its good and bad. congrats to ur daughter. new young superintendent should be a blast to work for. what’s she teaching by the way.

Comment

my daughter went to UT Tyler, for Nursing, she Loves Tyler, she is now working in Shreveport, but still drive to Tyler for Prayer study and often for church services , she want to move back, as soon as she can.. its a super nice community as the church she goes to has always been a great extended family for her.. as the Priest she has met are always so very helpful to her.. so i would not have seconds thought about her living there alone
      as with any place , there are areas that look sketchy but that's normally where the best places to eat are located...

Comment

[QUOTE=new young superintendent should be a blast to work for. what’s she teaching by the way.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to hear. She will be a athletic trainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks everyone. I’ll pass your comments on to her

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post

cool
            my oldest son, a grad of taylor and UT Austin, was the duck OC couple years back under coach purser. he made it the final 3 during their last ad hire. even thou he would’ve been my selection, i do think taylor made the right choice with coach houston. his record is very good. wish him all the luck in duck land.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post

The AD is a good guy. And they have unbelievable athletic facilities. I would jump on an offer from there! Just far enough out of Austin but still big enough everything most people need.

Comment

Houston is a great hire for Taylor.

Comment

flex
                  where you coach ?

Comment

cookiemonster
                    you still in burnet ?
                    my wife’s nephew is burkhart the principle

Comment

Grew up in Taylor and still live in the area (Thrall area). My parents still live in town. Just like any town it has the good and the bad. The bad is the roads in town suck and Austin is moving in making it very expensive around here. The land next to me sold for $33k an acre!! The good is the school is new and it still has the small town feel (for now).

Comment

Born and raised in Taylor and operate a business here. The schools are getting better - new hires at Superintendent and AD. Home prices are going crazy and the town is growing. Getting a little too big for me - we are working on building a house in Granger.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                          my daughter went to UT Tyler, for Nursing, she Loves Tyler, she is now working in Shreveport, but still drive to Tyler for Prayer study and often for church services , she want to move back, as soon as she can.. its a super nice community as the church she goes to has always been a great extended family for her.. as the Priest she has met are always so very helpful to her.. so i would not have seconds thought about her living there alone
                          as with any place , there are areas that look sketchy but that's normally where the best places to eat are located...
                          UT Tyler is in Taylor? My youngest son recently graduated from UT Tyler. I never knew that.

Comment

adam
                            where ya building in granger ?
                            and Do Not tell my wife that your house is for sale. i like it where i’m at.

Comment

Born and raised there, moved back to the area 16 years ago and moved back to Taylor 2 years ago. Town is growing, lots more to do here now than 5 or more years ago. Schools are getting better, they haven't had the best reputation in the past. I've met the new super for the ISD, I really like him, I think he would be a very good and fair boss. Not far from RR that pretty much has everything now.

Wow, good reminder how many tbh'ers live in the area. We use to have some good hh's back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                The AD is a good guy. And they have unbelievable athletic facilities. I would jump on an offer from there! Just far enough out of Austin but still big enough everything most people need.
                                You need to bring it to Taylor! We could make runs down to the coast. Matty is 3-3.15 hrs with a pit stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X