Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Altex or Ibuypower

Comment

As others have said graphics cards are tough to come by. Don't know your sons age or y'alls proficiency with computer builds but my time and my mind weren't invested enough to go that route.

My wife just bought me a Alienware area 51 laptop. What's nice about it is it has the same internal components of a desktop so it's upgradable but still has portabilty. They had a great sale going and she **** near stole it for what she paid vs. what I got specs wise.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        My son can want that all he wants, he ain't getting it!

Welcome to the outdoors ole son
        Has your son learned the delicate art of not being an *******?

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
          Has your son learned the delicate art of not being an *******?

Not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
            As others have said graphics cards are tough to come by. Don't know your sons age or y'alls proficiency with computer builds but my time and my mind weren't invested enough to go that route.

My wife just bought me a Alienware area 51 laptop. What's nice about it is it has the same internal components of a desktop so it's upgradable but still has portabilty. They had a great sale going and she **** near stole it for what she paid vs. what I got specs wise.

I have 2 laptops. One is the msi gs63-vr with I7-cpu and the other is an HP with the ryzen 7.

My MSI runs HOT [emoji91]Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210518-131619_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	24652679

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
              I have 2 laptops. One is the msi gs63-vr with I7-cpu and the other is an HP with the ryzen 7.

My MSI runs HOT [emoji91][ATTACH]1050080[/ATTACH]

Haven't had any heat issues with mine so far. I got the Alienware Area 51 R2. It's crazy that it has 2 power supplies. It's heavy as heck but I knew that going in with PC parts and a 17 inch screen. $1,900 shipped to my door.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help and continuing help. Couple guys have really reached out and pointed me in a good direction

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post

My MSI runs HOT [emoji91][ATTACH]1050080[/ATTACH]

Holy cow that thing is COOKING! I get worried when a temp creeps above 60°C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

cyberpowerpc.com

Here is the thing. First of all, stay away from the brick and mortar stores for gaming rigs.
                    Second. For a gaming computer, you have to buy the best graphics card you can afford. You can cut corners in other areas, but that graphics card is the single most important part of the computer.

Graphics card
                    Processor
                    Ram

In that order.

The graphics card is basically like optics are on a gun. Way more important.

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                      Thanks guys for the help and continuing help. Couple guys have really reached out and pointed me in a good direction

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        My son can want that all he wants, he ain't getting it!

Welcome to the outdoors ole son
                        Lol, gamers and streamers making 6 figure plus incomes and being able to afford to do what they want outdoors and you're worried about the outdoors while you're on a computer. Makes perfect sense. I get outdoors a lot and still managed to play Fortnite with my 7 year old and his mom today. Weird.

OP, lots of good information already posted, good luck on your build.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                          Lol, gamers and streamers making 6 figure plus incomes and being able to afford to do what they want outdoors and you're worried about the outdoors while you're on a computer. Makes perfect sense. I get outdoors a lot and still managed to play Fortnite with my 7 year old and his mom today. Weird.

OP, lots of good information already posted, good luck on your build.
                          Yes sir, my son is 9 and has a you tube channel and already mixing/editing videos and more stuff than I understand. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                            I'm not a computer guy and my son and I built one. Wasn't that difficult and actually a great father/son project plus we both learned a lot.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Same here. My 14 year old did all the research and saved his money for two years. I bought the last few parts for Christmas and we built it Christmas Day. Was a fun project. And cheaper than buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X