Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'HEY OLD GUYS'--This describe you or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** Right 👍

Comment

Turning 62 this coming week. Definitely not as spry as I was just seven years ago. But I'm looking forward to retiring in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
        Your getting close but not until you get one of these !
        I've done machining for half my life. My dad always told me "They make those cranes for a reason", as I was always lifting parts into the machine. He told me it would catch up to me, but I was too gung-ho to wait for the crane. Now that I've hit 50, he was definitely right. My back seems to hurt more every day and anything seems to tweak it. And, I have one of those pill thingys already.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I no longer trust my farts if that counts?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            That is a great quote from Hunter S Thompson. Of course his life ended with his .44 at his temple. What a ride indeed
            I think i've read about 95% of the published words HS Thompson wrote. His template for living will lead to a bad result for most humans. But it is a cool idea. I hope to die w/ my boots on, doing something. I want to feel it, as crazy as that sounds.

Comment

71 year old GOF here. I've had a lifetime of adventure and never thought I'd live to see 21. Nam grunt, traveled internationally in the oilfield during my 30's, wildland firefighter in my 40's and 50's.

When I was a young man I could pee over the hood of my truck. Now I have to hold it up with both hands to keep from peeing on my boots.

Comment

MAYBE>>>I guess I'll bring up the rear. Going to be 81 in July hopefully. And again, hopefully I will post again at 90.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Well, for sure you fit into the OF category, but you have yet to be proven grouchy/grumpy!
                  Wife is retiring tomorrow and will be at home with me full time. Pretty sure this will push me from the OF category to GOF rating in a very short time.

Comment

My dad is 87. I laughed at him one time when he got a minor "boo boo". He said "just wait til you're old. Those little bumps that used to not hurt are gonna hurt way more." I sorta turned my ankle a little the other day. I thought, "dang, dad was right."

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                      "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW! WHAT A RIDE'---Hunter S Thompson
                      i agree with the latter part of this,, skid in saying dam that was a cool ride!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
                        Wife is retiring tomorrow and will be at home with me full time. Pretty sure this will push me from the OF category to GOF rating in a very short time.

This really made me laugh
                        [emoji106]
                        GOF status is in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I qualify for this. I have the pill box, worn out knees, hands, and neck. I had to build a 1400 sq.ft. cabin a couple years ago with my lifetime friend just to show my kids and grandkids that you can still do anything even when you are old. I plan to keep on skidding in for as long as I can. The day I cross home will be my last.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            That is a great quote from Hunter S Thompson. Of course his life ended with his .44 at his temple. What a ride indeed
                            Yes very Anagnorisis for him !
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-20-2021, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                              71 year old GOF here. I've had a lifetime of adventure and never thought I'd live to see 21. Nam grunt, traveled internationally in the oilfield during my 30's, wildland firefighter in my 40's and 50's.

When I was a young man I could pee over the hood of my truck. Now I have to hold it up with both hands to keep from peeing on my boots.
                              Dang bro. Both hands!

Comment

Working...
                              X