No announcement yet.

New Bay Boat for 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to be in the new boat market this year, but decided to repower my old Tran. No way I’m ever paying that much for a boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
      Outlaw or Reaper

Reaper (old SCB) hull is awesome but does it really have a 36-40 gallon gas tank? 300 HP gonna eat thru that fuel pretty quick.

Good question. They normally don’t put the bigger tank until you do a elevated console. I think JH puts theirs in the floor.

40 gallons isn’t enough for any motor over 200 IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would get a Tran. Why do you want the large motor weight on the back. I rode a Tran with a Suzuki 175 and it was plenty enough and would run shallow. You gotta get the weight of a 300-400 up in shallow water

Comment

The tran boats are nice, but they are not a fast hull.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Neither is a JH in any chop at all. The 24 Tran with a 300 Suzuki will run right at 50.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              I would get a Tran. Why do you want the large motor weight on the back. I rode a Tran with a Suzuki 175 and it was plenty enough and would run shallow. You gotta get the weight of a 300-400 up in shallow water
              To carry a load better, have a stronger cruise speed and better resale value and easier time selling. You could put a 175 on a 24' Tran but put 4 or 5 people and a full fishing load in it and you'll have to run it hard all the time. The 24 Tran with a 250 or 300 is a well balanced boat. Same with a 23 Shoalwater or 23 Haynie. I might would go with the 300 Pro XS over the Verado on a cat hull but I wouldn't go smaller than a 250 on the bigger cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Unless you are fishing a bunch of tournaments, I don't get the new trend towards fast shallow water bay boats.

Edit: This is more of a question. I wasn't knocking your preference.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  Unless you are fishing a bunch of tournaments, I don't get the new trend towards fast shallow water bay boats.

Edit: This is more of a question. I wasn't knocking your preference.

Why not have the best of both worlds if you can?

None of them are going to be “smooth”, there is give and take.

Comment

BIG LOL ...for the 7 to 8 months wait time from Waypoint... don't let them boys fool you. Latest I've heard is 10 months and climbing. Hail they can't even get gas tanks... and forget trying to find a Yamaha.

Comment

New Bay Boat for 2022

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                      Neither is a JH in any chop at all. The 24 Tran with a 300 Suzuki will run right at 50.

The 24 tran isn’t super smooth in rough water either, but smoother than the JH. The 250x JH with a 300 runs 60 plus depending on how it’s propped, but you know that.

I love the tran boat, still high on my list but I’ll take a little more speed with all things being equal.

One of my pet peeves with mine is cruise speed is like 32 @ 4500 rpms. WAO the fastest it’s even went is 44 and then I changed the prop and the fastest it runs is 40-42@ 6k rpm depending on the conditions.

My next one I want 40’s as a cruising speed.

Last edited by Mayhem; 05-12-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I can outrun any of the boats across a rough bay in my old Tran Classic. Lol. I like having more motor than you need, just overall more efficient. Speed is an overrated factor. I can run 45-46, I just cruise at about 35. If I could go 70, I’d still cruise about 35. OP, it’s your money, get whatever boat you want. There are pluses and minuses to all of them.

Comment

Other than either of my metal boats the wettest I ever got crossing east bay was on a 24 or 25 foot transport

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Them jh outlaws are sick boats

Comment

Check here. They may build something in your budget.

Comment

There is a 22 scb in Beaumont at Pete jorgenson marine.

Comment

Working...
                                X