Recourse with Car Dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
    Not sure if it's true or not but I was told by a friend in the Auto manufacture industry that a lot of the issues are from coronavirus replacement workers at the plants not knowing what they're doing. He said especially on Tahoes and Suburbans.
    I am can see how that is true but I am not sure if it applies to engine assembly. I saw a short video a while back showing how they assemble engines and everything is computerized. Yes the person still has to put the pieces in but everything is fastened down by a computer controlled tool that will sense if something is wrong. I believe to prove the point they installed a lifter upside down and even though the length is still the same regardless of orientation, when they went to fasten the rocker I believe it was all sorts of alarms went off.

I am not as up to date on the current models but as mentioned above AFM starting in 07 is known for eating lifters and then circulating metal all throughout the oiling system destroying everything.

Comment

My last GM product was a brand new ‘92 Blazer. They had to replace the engine around the same mileage as yours due to lower rod bearing issues. When the dealer removed the engine or when the new one was installed, they damaged the radiator and used JB weld for a repair fix. It started leaking after 2 days. This and a warranty issue Chevrolet denied after 15k miles placed me over the top and I have never owned a GM product since.

Best of luck Sir.

Comment

Working...
      X