No announcement yet.

Outdoor Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At one point I had a natural gas and a smoker setup side by side in a built in outdoor kitchen. Found it to be a waste of space.

I got turned on to the nice electric smoker cabinets and pellet grills. Now I have a medium sized electric smoker and pellet grill built in.

Power outages can throw a wrench in cooking with them, but thats why I have a decent generator and switch over setup at main breaker box.

J

Comment

Pellet grill and griddle is what I use the most.
      I actually prefer my steaks seared on the griddle over the pellet grill.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
        I'm looking at the Pit Boss that Lowes has. Pellet on the left and propane on the right.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pit-Boss-Pi...ill/5001585139
        I've got this one, but its a year older. Got it last year and its been pretty good. I like the fact you can open a vent between the pellet and gas sides and use the pellet side like a fire box when smoking a brisket or pork butt. It also has the slide over the fire box so you can sear steaks over the fire. It will get well over 600 degrees on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
          ****.... never realized so many guys used pellet grills. I dont know one person personally who uses one. They creep me.out, are the pellets real wood? I bbq around 3 sometimes 4 times a week for dinner and I can get a mesquite wood fire going pretty fast with a pear burner.

Premium pellets are all wood with no fillers or binders, just compressed wood.

The beauty of the pellet grill is its versatility. I can smoke, grill, sear and bake.

The ONLY disadvantage I have seen is most of them cannot cold smoke. But I use smoker tubes when I need to do that. I do believe Pitts & Spitts has come out with a separate chamber for cold smoking on some of their models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
          X