Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of y'all live near the new Bois d'Arc Lake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wish they named it something us non Cajuns could pronounce. I keep trying to sound it out...

Comment

We need a few more

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        I just wish they named it something us non Cajuns could pronounce. I keep trying to sound it out...
        Bo Dark

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          With standing timber in shalla areas, sounds like it may be duck-tacular too!
          Nope, absolutely not - LOL - pass on duck hunting here .... go to Texoma instead.

Comment

I love the argument they did it for flood prevention LMAO, now the flood will be one big huge body of shallow lake. They should have spent a few more billion on it and dug it out more so they didn’t pump it dry every august watering their yards.

I get Texas needs more water and something has to be done but the excuses for doing it to make themselves feel better are pathetic at best lol It’s always about the jobs it created.

When the next big thing comes through like a high speed rail line, oil pipeline or a flux capacitor time traveling portal and they want to take your house because it sits on the best location you will be the first one bitching and the last one bitching saying it’s not fare. It’s always ok as long as it’s happening to someone else, that’s the American Way…..

Comment

I engineered (autocad) drawings 3 Lower Level Water plants there, i remember walking in the middle of it 4 years ago, glad too see its finally public

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                I've heard some off the record stuff about Marvin Nichols, its going to happen eventually
                Just saw the 2021 planning map that still has it. I cannot get over how big it would be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lakes.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	24652743

Comment

Any of y'all live near the new Bois d'Arc Lake?

They just broke ground on Lake Ralph Hall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Chad C; 06-16-2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Dang, didn't know it was coming that quick....projected open date? I know it will change, but curious as to where its at right now

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        Dang, didn't know it was coming that quick....projected open date? I know it will change, but curious as to where its at right now

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                          I understand facts can be hard to understand when you want to believe in false truths. Hang in there.
                          Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                          Such an azz
                          Yep guy is a douch€

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

they must have because there's 1000 gravel and dirt trucks cutting through on FM68 this morning. Guess they'll destroy an already unstable state road. Hate this stuff!

Comment

Our place is about 10 miles from the lake. Let me address a few of these questions since I'm a "local".

1. Most, if not all of the timber will be west of the FM 897 bridge. The lake narrows out west of the bridge, and stays a long the creek bed. By the looks of it, they didn't touch hardly any of the timber a long the creek bed. Basically they're just flooding the whole area and leaving the tall hardwoods. It should end up being one of the best duck hunting lakes in the area, if they allow hunting on that part of the channel. The western part of the lake will feel like a Louisiana swamp. Guys will be on flat bottom boats instead of Skeeters throwing lines back in there.

2. As far as being compensated for land. I understand the issue with people being forced to sell. I would be upset as well. However, these people were compensated very well. My buddies granddad owned over 250 acres right where the main body of the lake is underneath the FM 897 bridge. They paid him a ridiculous amount of money. Ultimately they were happy about the deal.

3. Economic growth in Fannin county will sky rocket. There should be some nice homes and lake lots that will ultimately "clean up the area". If you're from that area, you know that part of the county is meth Ville. The weekend city slickers will be a pain in the rear, but some of that is inevitable.

4. Also, personally I'm much more excited about Bois D' Arc than Ralph hall. Most of the Bois D' Arc lake area has large oak trees with good red river sandy loam soil. Ralph hall will be surrounded by scrub cedars and black land clay.

5. As far as hunting is concerned, the lake construction was the best thing that's ever happened for hunters within a 30 mile radius. The deer and hog numbers that we're seeing compared to past years has drastically increased. That 16k acres that is now the lake, was mostly solid bottom land that housed large numbers of pigs and deer.

Some of this is my opinion, and some of it is fact. Ultimately I think it will be a huge improvement, and the lake will bring in more positive than negative.
                              Last edited by Arrowthreat; 06-17-2021, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                                Our place is about 10 miles from the lake. Let me address a few of these questions since I'm a "local".

1. Most, if not all of the timber will be west of the FM 897 bridge. The lake narrows out west of the bridge, and stays a long the creek bed. By the looks of it, they didn't touch hardly any of the timber a long the creek bed. Basically they're just flooding the whole area and leaving the tall hardwoods. It should end up being one of the best duck hunting lakes in the area, if they allow hunting on that part of the channel. The western part of the lake will feel like a Louisiana swamp. Guys will be on flat bottom boats instead of Skeeters throwing lines back in there.

2. As far as being compensated for land. I understand the issue with people being forced to sell. I would be upset as well. However, these people were compensated very well. My buddies granddad owned over 250 acres right where the main body of the lake is underneath the FM 897 bridge. They paid him a ridiculous amount of money. Ultimately they were happy about the deal.

3. Economic growth in Fannin county will sky rocket. There should be some nice homes and lake lots that will ultimately "clean up the area". If you're from that area, you know that part of the county is meth Ville. The weekend city slickers will be a pain in the rear, but some of that is inevitable.

4. Also, personally I'm much more excited about Bois D' Arc than Ralph hall. Most of the Bois D' Arc lake area has large oak trees with good red river sandy loam soil. Ralph hall will be surrounded by scrub cedars and black land clay.

5. As far as hunting is concerned, the lake construction was the best thing that's ever happened for hunters within a 30 mile radius. The deer and hog numbers that we're seeing compared to past years has drastically increased. That 16k acres that is now the lake, was mostly solid bottom land that housed large numbers of pigs and deer.

Some of this is my opinion, and some of it is fact. Ultimately I think it will be a huge improvement, and the lake will bring in more positive than negative.
                                #2... ballpark price they paid per acre?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X