No announcement yet.

Corn Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be trying to lowball me. I know what I've got . Don't even think about it. I know who you are.

For the entrepreneurs: Just think what 10 or 20 seeds could do if you planted them. Then reinvested the seeds again. You could be a millionaire overnight,...well...after one season, or two. And sold the seeds at these prices!
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-23-2024, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Don't be trying to lowball me. I know what I've got . Don't even think about it. I know who you are.

For the enraptures: Just think what 10 or 20 seeds could do if you planted them. Then reinvested the seeds again. You could be a millionaire overnight,...well...after one season, or two. And sold the seeds at these prices!
      Mike, you sir, are a visionary!

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
        What am I missing? My KS lease cost me $4,000 per year for 860 acres per guy and I have shot a 150 plus avg every year. Probably averaged closer to 160 over the past 25 plus years. I have two 600 lb feeders at my stand. I fill them 3 times a year, totals about 72 bags and lasts about 5 months because I feed heavily. So in addition to my lease fee, I spend around $550 per year on corn. If corn doubles, I spend another $550. Why is there so much constant whining about corn prices?

Also it’s 500 miles away. I get 30 miles per gallon in my truck. That's about 35 gallons of fuel per trip. (up and back not drive around the lease miles). So if fuel increases by $2.00 per gallon (doubtful). That's an extra cost to me of about $140 per trip which will not keep me from going. I work so I can enjoy hunting, fishing and life. Just my view.
        Baller alert.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

If 2 - 600# feeders last you 5 months, you ain’t feeding heavy!!!!!!! I feed 40 bags of corn and 40 bags of protein a month on 122ac, and I still feel like I should feed more, but just can’t afford to!!! When feed was half price of what it is now, it was no issue but now it’s nuts like everything thing else since Covid.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know you aren’t feeding heavy!!!!!!

Bisch
          But Bisch, If I was trying to keep my neighbor from shooting them on a small parcel like yours, I might put more out. I get that but I'm not trying to "feed heavy", I'm trying to bait a deer into archery range. Evidently there are some on here that are going to call you names for being successful because you do things differently than they do (both in method and result). Pond Popper is correct too. They will come if you feed them. They will also come if you bait them, unless you are on a small tract and have neighbors feeding more. As I stated before, I work my butt off so I can enjoy my days in the woods. An increase in gas prices or corn prices is not going to dictate my enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post

But Bisch, If I was trying to keep my neighbor from shooting them on a small parcel like yours, I might put more out. I get that but I'm not trying to "feed heavy", I'm trying to bait a deer into archery range. Evidently there are some on here that are going to call you names for being successful because you do things differently than they do (both in method and result). Pond Popper is correct too. They will come if you feed them. They will also come if you bait them, unless you are on a small tract and have neighbors feeding more. As I stated before, I work my butt off so I can enjoy my days in the woods. An increase in gas prices or corn prices is not going to dictate my enjoyment.
            Idk what you are trying to do! You said in the post I originally quoted that you feed heavy, and that’s what I responded to.

And the difference between feeding and baiting is what???

Bisch
            Last edited by Bisch; 03-23-2024, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I'm good Bisch. Sorry I can't express my point better. Not trying to argue or be ambiguous, contentious, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

Baller alert.
                LMAO!! Quit it…

Comment

I enjoyed reading this buenas noches

Comment

Nothing like kicking a wasp nest like a thread from 3 yrs ago to get everyone going🤣

Comment

Corn and gasoline. I wish they were both cheaper but they're not. I but them when I need them.

Comment

7.95 at Mumme’s Hondo, 9.75 at Del Rio Feed, 9.50 in Goldthwaite at Ranch Land

Comment

This spring’s corn
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X