No announcement yet.

Corn Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I missing? My KS lease cost me $4,000 per year for 860 acres per guy and I have shot a 150 plus avg every year. Probably averaged closer to 160 over the past 25 plus years. I have two 600 lb feeders at my stand. I fill them 3 times a year, totals about 72 bags and lasts about 5 months because I feed heavily. So in addition to my lease fee, I spend around $550 per year on corn. If corn doubles, I spend another $550. Why is there so much constant whining about corn prices?

Also its 500 miles away. I get 30 miles per gallon in my truck. That's about 35 gallons of fuel per trip. (up and back not drive around the lease miles). So if fuel increases by $2.00 per gallon (doubtful). That's an extra cost to me of about $140 per trip which will not keep me from going. I work so I can enjoy hunting, fishing and life. Just my view.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
      If corn doubles, I spend another $550. Why is there so much constant whining about corn prices?
      Because not just corn, but everything else is doubling in price too so my "life" expenses are already eating away at my savings and investments because my income hasn't doubled to keep up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

Because not just corn, but everything else is doubling in price too so my "life" expenses are already eating away at my savings and investments because my income hasn't doubled to keep up with it.
        But we're talking about corn.

Comment

$8.99 at the Buccees in Temple.

Comment

Look for corn and supplements from Scott pets in Rockville, Indiana. Its where they produce BigTine.

Comment

When one trims the fat, it must start somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

When one trims the fat, it must start somewhere.
                Just to be clear, I'm not advocating "whining" about it. I just don't necessarily think people discussing their displeasure with rising costs as "whining".

Comment

$7.95 50# Buccees in Bastrop

Comment

What am I missing? My KS lease cost me $4,000 per year for 860 acres per guy and I have shot a 150 plus avg every year. Probably averaged closer to 160 over the past 25 plus years. I have two 600 lb feeders at my stand. I fill them 3 times a year, totals about 72 bags and lasts about 5 months because I feed heavily. So in addition to my lease fee, I spend around $550 per year on corn. If corn doubles, I spend another $550. Why is there so much constant whining about corn prices?

Also its 500 miles away. I get 30 miles per gallon in my truck. That's about 35 gallons of fuel per trip. (up and back not drive around the lease miles). So if fuel increases by $2.00 per gallon (doubtful). That's an extra cost to me of about $140 per trip which will not keep me from going. I work so I can enjoy hunting, fishing and life. Just my view.
                    Nobody is whining and If we only fed 3600lbs a year it probably wouldn’t matter much.

Comment

I fed 1.5 bags for my hunts last season that lasted over 3 days, on public land. Got a half bag left over. I'll auction it off to the highest bidder here.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        I fed 1.5 bags for my hunts last season that lasted over 3 days, on public land. Got a half bag left over. I'll auction it off to the highest bidder here.

Will the weevils and the corn dust be included??..

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post

Will the weevils and the corn dust be included??..
                          Those are extra. Demand for weevils is up because of the dust they produce, that can be used to pack corn products into smaller more convenient packaging.

Comment

Also it’s 500 miles away. I get 30 miles per gallon in my truck. That's about 35 gallons of fuel per trip. (up and back not drive around the lease miles). So if fuel increases by $2.00 per gallon (doubtful). That's an extra cost to me of about $140 per trip which will not keep me from going. I work so I can enjoy hunting, fishing and life. Just my view.
                            If 2 - 600# feeders last you 5 months, you ain’t feeding heavy!!!!!!! I feed 40 bags of corn and 40 bags of protein a month on 122ac, and I still feel like I should feed more, but just can’t afford to!!! When feed was half price of what it is now, it was no issue but now it’s nuts like everything thing else since Covid.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know you aren’t feeding heavy!!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I'm willing to sell ten kernels at a time, too. Should last 10 days if you feed 1 kernel per day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

If 2 - 600# feeders last you 5 months, you ain’t feeding heavy!!!!!!! I feed 40 bags of corn and 40 bags of protein a month on 122ac, and I still feel like I should feed more, but just can’t afford to!!! When feed was half price of what it is now, it was no issue but now it’s nuts like everything thing else since Covid.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know you aren’t feeding heavy!!!!!!

Bisch
                                Exactly!!
                                We feed 4-5 times what he is feeding, in a year, on just 580 acres and could feed more, and plan too. Will be taking 2 more 3,000 lb feeders up soon.
                                FEED THEM AND THEY WILL COME!!

Comment

Working...
                                X