Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Choosing a lake in TX to live on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to pick a small lake that is out of the way and has less traffic. Or, a big one like Amistad or Toledo bend that wont have a bulkhead built around 99% of it in the next 20 years. I can't stand running those bulk headed lakes like Conroe.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      I like it because it's relatively quiet without a million boats.
      It only takes about 3 wake boats to turn that lake into a washing machine! I used to like fishing there but haven’t been on it in years! Sandlin is much better IMO. Wake boats and timber don’t mix well!

Comment

B.A. Steinhagen Lake

Comment

We made an offer this weekend on a house on Ray Hubbard with a dock. Not the ideal lake, but close to work. It does have Hybrids though.

Sean

Comment

Tough one anymore.... I would have said Whitney for the last 30 years but last summer was a mess with all the crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Jen and I built a house on Lake Livingston in 2015, we thought we’d retire to some day. Outstanding fishing for catfish and white bass. Good crappie fishing. The lake was awesome! The surrounding areas are not.

Sold it and bought more land. If I’m gonna have tweakers for neighbors, I don’t want to have to see them.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yep. Build you own private lake, put a houseboat on it if you want, an have a hell of a pier/pavilion!

Comment

Richland Chambers is such a nice lake. We do a fishing trip there every year. We always talk about buying up there but never really get off go. Its a big lake though and can get really rough like Livingston or Toledo and in a hurry.

Comment

Go on vrbo/airbnb and start taking some trips! You will either find the lake you love or realize it may be more fun (and way cheaper!) to rent them. I love exploring new lakes this way with my family.

Comment

Lake Jacksonville

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      I live on Fork. Have 13.5 deeded acres, and 2.5 acres leaseback from SRA. Waterfront. I Guided for 37 years on Fork. Caught tons of fish on Fork including 3 Sharelunkers. Currently looking for a place away from Fork.
                      I'll give you $100 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Canyon Lake. No contest.
                        Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        +1

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                          Lake LBJ
                          Tons of boat traffic!

Comment

Working...