Concealed Carry and Dog Poop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Are you thinking if you say something and the guy go nuts, and you end up shooting him the law will go against you? I can see that happening in todays world.
    You can't start something and expect to claim self defense.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
      You can't start something and expect to claim self defense.
      Zimmerman disagrees.

Comment

Concealed Carry and Dog Poop...

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        You can still whup his arse. You just can't shoot him!

If it goes physical you best be sure you can handle it physically or take the beating because your justified use of deadly force just went out the window!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Zimmerman disagrees.
          Zimmerman only called 911. I don’t think that negates self-defense…

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            Zimmerman only called 911. I don’t think that negates self-defense…
            I forgot Treyvon drug him out of the car unprovoked.....

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              If it goes physical you best be sure you can handle it physically or take the beating because your justified use of deadly force just went out the window!

I think this is the correct mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                We were told in our concealed class, that if you are in any type of physical fight, weather a weapon is drawn or not. And the cops show up, you will lose your right to carry.
                Under what law?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  So you're saying if you say "hey dude, pick up your dog's crap" then he begins beating you w/a bat deadly force is out the window?

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                    So you're saying if you say "hey dude, pick up your dog's crap" then he begins beating you w/a bat deadly force is out the window?
                    kinda depends on how you say it. if you make a polite request maybe not. if you jump in his face and demand he pick it or else, probably. However, if a bat comes out, I'll take my chances also.

BTW this day and time, there is a lot of different circumstances. You pay your money and take your chances. Who knows what a jury might do this day and age.
                    Last edited by hpdrifter; 05-01-2021, 03:30 AM.

Comment

No. I think he’s saying you can’t start fighting with someone (hand to hand) and then all the sudden decide to draw down and shoot him

Comment

I do Love this Archery site......LOL

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                          kinda depends on how you say it. if you make a polite request maybe not. if you jump in his face and demand he pick it or else, probably. However, if a bat comes out, I'll take my chances also.

BTW this day and time, there is a lot of different circumstances. You pay your money and take your chances. Who knows what a jury might do this day and age.
                          Does it matter how you say it? Unless it's recorded or others hear it the big mean gun owners word against the other guy (unless he's dead). I think we know how it would be twisted.

Comment

Maybe I think a little different... why not ask him politely and if he refuses and you don’t want your family to sit in dog poo pick it up yourself. Really no reason to fight, argue, or have any issue with something so minor. Some people are not very considerate of others and no reason to let his shortcomings upset you so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Under what law?
                              Not sure, but would like to find out. Why don’t you “test “ the the water and tell us how it goes. Sounds like your pretty sure, then all the questions could be answered. It would have been the op approaching the guy who’s dog pooped, there for it would be looked upon as he started the conflict for one thing, he would be the aggressor. The best way would have to just say, hey man there’s going to be people playing here, think you could pick they up. Then keep walking, if the guy didn’t pick it up and he’s worried about it, he could circle back and pick it up himself. But to keep a distance and keep walking would be huge. Rather then approach the guy with the dog.
                              Last edited by critter69; 05-01-2021, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                                We were told in our concealed class, that if you are in any type of physical fight, weather a weapon is drawn or not. And the cops show up, you will lose your right to carry.
                                That is not true. You have the right to defend yourself no matter what. If i'm carrying my weapon concealed, a person walks up and hits me in the face, I have the right to defend myself with my fist or my weapon. Please reread the laws people. If you walk up and hit someone in the face, provoked or unprovoked, you are looking at a felony assault, you would then possibly lose your right to conceal carry.

Comment

Working...
                                X