No announcement yet.

Prayers for mother in law hurt @ low’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you that think she isn't going to need a lawyer are the ones that are the problem.

You're giving the equivalent of legal advice, and it's terrible legal advice to be giving.

There may or not be liability, Lowe's may or may not be liable, but the truth is that you are giving bad advice.

Put yourself in the position of a financial advisor for Lowe's.
    Would you be advising the corporation to not hire a lawyer?

It's a rhetorical question.
    Lowe's (an also their insurance carrier) already, of course, has several buildings full of lawyers.

and they are all expert level negotiators and good at getting a release signed from potential claimants, experts at searching for social media posts like this one, and not used to giving away money that belongs to their client.

Comment

Its there responsibility to keep up with hazard. Reputable companies carry insurance, for these exact reasons. I am suprised someone from risk management hasn’t contacted you.I just hope your mother n law is doing fine and it doesn’t turn in to a legal battle.

Comment

Sorry for your MIL. That looks like a pretty good bump on the noggin.

But, 5000 people per day walk the same spot and don't fall. if she trpped on THAT I cannot see that Lowes is responsible for anything. Older folks trip on a crack in the sidewalk or just weeble wobble and fall over. It happens and it's not always anybody fault.

Again sorry for your MIL
        Last edited by SJP51; 04-30-2021, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Haven't read everything so may have been mentioned but GET A LAWYER ASAP!!

At her age this could lead to serious long term issues!!

Pray she will be OK.

Comment

Sry she tripped, looks painful.
            Simple answer, pay the bill.
            How is her vision? Can she see yellow and black caution tape?
            Does she know what it means?
            I do hope she fully recovers.
            If im Lowes, and i pay bills, part of the legal negotiations will be the right to refuse her service, she would never be allowed on my property again.
            Her mask is down, maybe others who get covid can sue her..

Comment

Did she get to detonate the bathroom after she fell?

She couldn't have been in a sound mental state needing to drop trow in a Lowes. And in that panic she wasn't paying attention at a full sprint running towards that open stall.

Hope she's ok and you won't have to worry about dragging her to Loews anymore.

Comment

Some cruel comments on here. Hope none of you ever have to deal with anything like this. And hope you never grow old. Not saying she should sue Lowe’s but geez people have a little sympathy for the woman!

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                  Those of you that think she isn't going to need a lawyer are the ones that are the problem.
                  Why does she NEED a lawyer? You act like Lowe's is suing her lol

She may want a lawyer, but she don't need one

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    Why does she NEED a lawyer? You act like Lowe's is suing her lol

She may want a lawyer, but she don't need one
                    That's like asking a new car salesman if you need an extended warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      That's like asking a new car salesman if you need an extended warranty.
                      No not the same at all

If she goes about her life without trying to blame someone else, she will not NEED a lawyer.

Now if she wants to sue, she will WANT a lawyer

Comment

Prayers Up for Everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          No not the same at all

If she goes about her life without trying to blame someone else, she will not NEED a lawyer.

Now if she wants to sue, she will WANT a lawyer
                          You missed it!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            I hope your mother-in-law heals completely. Getting older and more immobile is frustrating for those that age.

My mom, 70, falls a lot here lately. Banged herself up pretty good last time. So far it’s just been at home or in the yard, but one of these days it’ll happen in public and........ ChaChing!!!! Gonna own us a HEB or Hobby Lobby or maybe even a ChickFilA. It’s like buying a lottery ticket. Just gotta wait for that number to come up.[emoji6][emoji849] Many of y’all are just as ridiculous as what I just typed!

And it looks to me, that the tile in question is floated with grout to a common grade....not to mention the tape designating a change in elevation is clearly visible.
                            I have a new list of people banned from my properties! Evidently, I now have to be responsible for the balance of others.
                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I've always called BS10 on how lawsuits work. The more money a company has the more you get to sue for

The only law suits that should be won should be when someone is negligent.

Now should Lowe's pay for her medical? IMO depends on that tile, how long it's been that way (if it's uneven), and several other factors. In this sue happy world can't blame Lowe's for playing it safe, whatever that means.

Comment

that little chip in one tile didn't cause anything.....

Comment

I guess I missed the tile picture when I originally saw the thread. I thought we were talking about a broken stack sitting out.

Comment

Working...
                                X