Finest bows ever made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I would think the Mathews Switchback would be on the list. Personally I've had two Mathews I really liked. The LX was a sweet shooting bow. Not fast as to today's standards but consistent and forgiving. Quiet too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Still shooting my switchback, don't know if I will ever give her up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
      I bought it and still shoot it regularly, have killed lots of critters with it.
      Nice! Glad to hear it is still knocking down critters!

Comment

Bowtech Tribute.

Comment

Finest bows ever made?

Bowtech Admiral

Edited to say the Ruger No.1 is absolutely an iconic rifle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be the 1st to say it.

VXR

But for real....
            Switchback
            PSE DreamSeason EVO
            Z7
            VXR

Although I don't like Hoyt at all, their carbon bow was an excellent idea.

Comment

I may replace my Switchback XT one day but doubt it ever leaves my possession!

Comment

A can of worms...

Which ever make and model you are currently using is what most folks consider the best.

Kinda like trucks, phones, blenders, coffee, rifles, cordless tools, electric gate openers, guitars, Cadillac’s old country music,skid steers, binoculars, chainsaws,carpet cleaner, clothes detergent, scopes, car tires, UTV’s, knives, chili seasoning, steak seasoning, kayaks,bullets, frying pans, shoes, hunting clothes, deer lures,quivers, refrigerators, gun safes, boots, broad heads, shotguns, computers,compact and large tractors, deer blinds,protein,Television, dog breed, feeders, beer and whiskey. That’s it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                  Switchback XT
                  Yep. The original PSE X-Force was awesome too.

Comment

I was partial to any HCA bow made from 1989 until a short while back when I bought a Obsession Def Con 6. I shot the HCA bows better thna any bow I have owned. The Def Con 6 just drew smoother than the HCA bows out at the time. Did not shoot any smoother then the Obsession, just a smoother draw. I tried a lot of bows over a 2-3 day period and 1500 miles of driving before I picked the Obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                      How about the first COMPOUND BOW MODEL - the machine that started it all.

Not the cleanest, not the most purest, certainly not the fastest nor most forgiving, heck it was a beast of a build - with a design imagination only Missouri's own Holless Wilbur Allen could dream of.

Yeah she's my first compound bow and yes, she's the original with her PATENT PENDING NUMBER hand tooled on the riser as well as serial number with Allen's name.

The original "hanger" bow, and simple string replacement.

Comment

Working...
                      X